A question about hexing please?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by day2day, Mar 13, 2006.

1. day2day

day2day Member

Please don't take this question the wrong way, I am totally in the dark about this hexing.

What is the benefit of hexing if you still have cfs/and fm?

I have seen people over time who have hexed and still are in great pain months after. Do you think this really helps?

I am in so much pain often, that I am considering trying to find someone to help me try it, if it is of benefit. I must say I am scared but the more info I get from the benefit from it would be.

I am bad right now reading medical jargon, my head right now can only understand simple explainations lol.

Thanks for any responses on this subject.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Herxing is not the goal; it is a byproduct of ridding the body of chronic infection. Any treatment which kills off massive amounts of pathogens may cause a Herx reaction and purging of the necrotic material in our bodies. Once it is gone, one feels so much better.

It takes a looooooong time to rid the body of stealth chronic infections. That's why even after a massive killoff, we aren't well. Killing the pathogens doesn't cure FMS/CFIDS but, IMHO, healing is not possible as long as one is serving as a Petri dish for growing pathogens.

That one Herxes in response to treatment is a verification that one has an infection and that the treatment is working. I just went through an especially strong Herx but I Herx fast and it's over with. The immune response leading up to the Herx was a couple of days where I felt lousy.

Progress is so slow for most of us on these treatments that we have to look back more than a year to see how far we've come. My progress has been amazing but I've been at it for five years. I still have FMS/CFIDS but I pace myself and have learned how to cope. I'm going to be looking to work part time soon. Five years ago, I was bedridden and on Morphine for pain. I have used other treatments, such as the Guai, so I can't attribute all my progress to the killing of pathogens. I believe our treatments have to be very comprehensive and we have to treat every condition and/or symptom.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  3. day2day

day2day Member

Makes a bit more sense to me now :)