a question about quai treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dlebbole, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Right now I'm too fragile to try the guai treatment. I've tried it before and saw that it was working, but had to stop because of stomach problems. My question for now is this: does calcium help to bind up phosphates? I know that they say soda "leaches" calcium from the bones (or it CAN), presumably because the phosphates bind to calcium. What do you think?? Diane
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

According to Dr. St. Amand, taking calcium with meals will help eliminate phosphate debris through the intestines. It is a much more efficient way to rid the body of the phosphates because, unlike in the kidneys, the phosphates do not compete with salicylates for excretion.

I've been on the Guai treatment for two years plus and it has been a God send for me. It does not upset my stomach. I take 2400 mgs. a day in an effort to speed things up.

Love, Mikie
  3. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

and if so, what kind? Thanks Diane
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Calcium citrate breaks down in the digestive system more readily that some of the others. I try to remember to take the tablets with me along with my digestive enzymes for when I eat out, but I often forget. I just take one tablet with meals when I remember.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]