A question about sore, achy feel when U try to stand up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GingerSnapsBack, Jul 25, 2008.

1. GingerSnapsBack

GingerSnapsBack New Member

When you stand up after sitting or lying down for a while do you feel like your feet can't carry you? Its almost as though they buckle under your weight, and this causes pain right on the soles of your feet? Your feet feel TENDER, achy and sore? You sometimes can't immediately stand up; you need to HOLD YOURSELF UP by bracing yourself on something solid and CAREFULLY, GENTLY distributing the weight on your feet? Your feet almost don't even WANT to go flat, onto the floor. Its as though they curl up in refusal? The first few steps are a bit of a struggle and hurt?

I used to observe My MOTHER doing this, her face pinched with pain and her feet not wanting to cooperate? I always wondered why she moved about so slowly and carefully after having been sitting/lying down. Its was obvious her feet were causing her pain, but she never said anything about it. Now, its too late to ask her.

2. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

I deal with this everyday. mornings are the worst I wish I knew how to keep it from happening. my PCP said it was the begining of nueropathy but it has never gotten worse or better so who realy knows. I would love some insight into this myself.
  3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

esp after laying down or sitting awhile.
    i try to keep going-
    cause i know when i stop-
    i will be in bed for the day...
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I feel that exact same way - the wincing, the pain, but it's because of my hips, not my feet. VERY hard to get up from laying or sitting for a while.