A Question for all those on Doxy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cyberamy, Feb 15, 2003.

1. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I just started a few days ago. My questions are:

How many of you seen a significant improvement and how long did it take?

Were you able to get off of pain meds eventually?

How long did your Herxheimer last?

Any other supplements I should take along with ABX?

Which do you recommend?

Im a little worried about bein on ABX longterm but I am ready to be out of pain.

\Thanks so much!!
    Amy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You must absolutely take a good probiotic while on the ABX like the one sold here. The Jarro-Dophilus is the best one I have ever used. Refrigerate it after opening it. This will keep the ABX from destroying the good bacteria in your gut and prevent leaky gut syndrome.

Keep a journal and watch for Herxheimer Effects. You may feel as though you have the flu. This means the ABX are working, killing of millions of bacteria. Drink lots, and I do mean lots, of water to flush the dead bacteria out. This will help shorten the Herxes. If your Herxes are just too harsh, you may have to cut back on the dose, but don't give up and stop the ABX altogether. That will only allow the bacteria to continue making you sick.

Do a search on mycoplasmas and it will bring up all our posts on this subject. BTW, I've been on Doxycycline for more than a year now without adverse effects. No one wants to have to take long-term ABX, but the alternative is far worse and, I believe, lead to autoimmune illnesses like Lupus or MS.

Love, Mikie
  3. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I am so glad you have had much success and thank you so much for the advice on the supplements. I will definetely order some and keep you updated on my progress. take care,
    Amy