A Question for darude

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by another_painful_day, Aug 30, 2005.

1. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

Did you have a stent placed in ureter when you had your stone(s)?
    I was just wondering if you had extreme pain like I have and alot of blood in urine from the stent or is there maybe something wrong? Im in agony...today is day two and Im no better than I was when they did the procedure on Sunday (I think the stone pain was as bad as this pain).
    I would love input from a fellow sufferer right now...Im a hurtin' pup!
    Thnx!
    -Diane

2. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

I'm not darude, but I did have a stent post-kidney stone surgery. I thought the pain and discomfort was almost worse than the stone itself. After the removed it, a week or more later, we discovered that it was a bit infected. That's why everytime I urinated, I felt a cramp/clamp in my gut. Thing was miserable, even though they told me that I shouldn't be in that much pain. They told me, too, that it might have been that the stone was in me so long (almost 3 months before we did the surgery) that it probably ripped up my insides so badly that they still hurt.

I would stick with the percs (as I suggested in the other thread, if you can't take percocet, perhaps you can take percodan?) and use a heating pad often. Find a comfortable position and just hold on. It will go away eventually.
  3. darude

darude New Member

I passed the stone on my own and did nothing but give me macrobid for the infection that i developed. I'm just hoping that I don't have another one. My was a calcium one. I still have a lot of pain and a bit of bleeding. Most of all terrible fatigue at the moment.
  4. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

I begin work next week (Teachers Aide) and Im hoping when they get this miserable thing out of me I will be ok enough to go back to work. I had surgery two months ago and FINALLY have regained my energy back only to have this set back now with Kidney Stones.
    I am in ALOT of pain and alot of bleeding too. When I go to the bathroom I really feel it as well. They gave me Vicadin for the pain and it dulls it enough but its hard to function as a mom of 4 with a Hubby who cant drive from a seizure disorder so I avoid it the best I can. Today I was avoiding it all day until about 1:00pm when the pain was unbearable...I gave in to taking the meds. Now I am feeling comfortable (not painless) and Im dizzy as all sin and nauseated but at least the pain has been cut in half. I dont "think" I have an infection becuase Doc has me on antibiotics right now. Im more worried about the pain and the bleeding. I had actual clots last night they finally calmed down somewhat.

I hope this goes away before I start work. I dont know how I will get thru the day in Middle School Aiding to a 6th grade learning disabled boy and running to the bathroom all day. (God help me lmao).

again, thanks for responding.