A Question for the Divorced Folks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

My husband dumped me in January and left me alone with 3 little girls. He left primarily due to his anger at my ongoing health problems. I can't tell you how many folks have said to me that my health will improve without him around yelling at me. I am wondering if anyone has experienced divorce while sick, and if their health either worsened or improved as a result. Thank you.

Hippo
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

My husband dumped me in January and left me alone with 3 little girls. He left primarily due to his anger at my ongoing health problems. I can't tell you how many folks have said to me that my health will improve without him around yelling at me. I am wondering if anyone has experienced divorce while sick, and if their health either worsened or improved as a result. Thank you.

Hippo
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I was ill at the time my husband left me, but years away from a diagnosis. One of his complaints was that I was always too tired to do things and I didn't do my share around the house. With him traveling half the time I fail to see how that one could be possible.

I somehow made it through selling the house, coming to an agreement with him, and filing for the divorce. Then I collapsed. At the time my dx was depression. Now I know there was a lot more to it than depression. I had symptoms of CFIDS and FM. In fact my CFIDS had been gradually settling in for many years before our separation.

If I had known then what I do now I would not have agreed to limited alimony. As it is mine will end in a little over a year and now's when I could really use it.

I do believe things will work out and I am receiving LTD from my job and can continue to receive it until I'm 65. I've filed for SSDI and disability retirement. I also have a business on the side which has suffered greatly from my illness. I'm working on reviving it and hope to one day earn enough from it that I won't need the other income!

Barbara
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

i wish i could say to your health will improve but nothings to say for sure but i can tell you that you will be more mentally able to handle your illness with out someone making you feel worse about it that sick to your stomach breaking heart feeling will go away allowing you to consintrate on you and not trying to get better to make things better for him,your daughters will learn to deal with you being sick but would never learn respect for you with your husband not respecting you and your illness you would not be able to improve in a house full of disrespect so yes it will help you improve if you let it,
    i cant say i totally dont regrate getting a divoce but its the best thing in the long run
  5. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I actually feel worse since my Ex left, but that is most probably due to the strain of moving, his nasty behavior, and feeling overwhelmed with the kids. Also I may have mentioned that he is taking me to trial to try to get my spousal support cut off. I am going to hang in there all the way to trial, I don't have any other income options. Thanks for the info and support.

Hippo