A Question in Reverse!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnG, May 5, 2003.

1. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I am feeling a strong need to try and get the yeast out of my system. It seems everyone focuses on what you CAN'T eat. My question is this:

WHAT CAN I EAT?

Can you experts on this tell me what an average yeast-free day looks like for you? What do you eat, etc. What kind of reactions might I expect?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ann
  2. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

Please excuse the words in all caps, this is how it was formatted - I am not yelling at anyone! :eek:)

FOR CONTROL OF CANDIDA & FMS/CFIDS/ARTHRITIS SYMPTOMS

* * * FOODS YOU SHOULD EAT * * *

· MEATS: in moderation - Rabbit, Lamb, all Poultry & Game birds, Squirrel. Veal, Beef, Pork in greater moderation.
    · EGGS
    · BEVERAGES: Water (purified or bottled is preferred), Enriched Rice, Soy or Almond Milk can replace Dairy Milk, Traditional or medicinal herb teas. No Caffeine.
    · FISH: All fresh & cold water fish including Salmon.
    · OCEAN FISH & SEAFOOD: In moderation due to mercury warnings by FDA – Fish, Shark, Clams, Oysters, Lobster, Shrimp, Crab (unless sensitivity or allergy exists).
    · MOST NUTS, SEEDS & OILS: Almonds, Hazelnuts/Filberts, Cashews, Pecans, Brazil, Soy, Coconut, Sesame, and Pumpkin. Nuts & Seeds may be eaten natural or plain oven-toasted.
    · VEGETABLES: Asparagus, Lettuce, Beets, Onions, Broccoli, Parsley, Brussel Sprouts, Peas, Beans, Cabbage, Legumes, Carrots, Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Summer Squash, Celery, Winter Squash, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Acorn, Eggplant, Green Peppers, Butter Squash, Greens, Radishes, Turnip, Okra, Spinach, Parsnip, Mustard, Corn, Beets, Collards, Kale. Raw or cooked, as desired. Starches and Red Potatoes in moderation.
    · FRUIT: (In moderation due to sugar content) Any Citrus, Apples, Cherries, Avocado, Mango, Bananas, Pineapple, Nectarines, Peaches, Pears, Papaya, and Apricots. Freshly prepared juices or purees as a dressing or for sweetening.
    EATING FRUIT ALONE (apart from a meal) IS RECOMMENDED
    · DRESSINGS: Freshly squeezed lemon, orange or other fruit juice may be used as a substitute for vinegar in dressings or used alone. Use only unprocessed, cold-pressed oils for dressings.
    · OILS - COLD PRESSED: such as Almond, Apricot, Avocado, Corn, Linseed, Olive, Safflower, Walnut, Sesame
    · BUTTER - in moderation
    · WHOLE, COOKED GRAINS: Rice, Barley, Millet, Cereal grains, Buckwheat, Quinoa and unless allergy exists Corn, Oats & Wheat. Gluten-containing grains like wheat, oats, barley and rye should be used in moderation, or entirely eliminated for bowel inflammation.

ABOVE FOODS SHOULD CONTAIN NO ADDED YEAST, MALT, VINEGAR, HONEY OR SUGARS

AVOID ALL GRAINS, EXCEPT RICE, FOR FIRST TWO WEEKS

FOR BEST SYMPTOM EVALUATION STAY ON PROGRAM, AS IS, FOR AT LEAST ONE MONTH OR AS RECOMMENDED BY YOUR TREATING PHYSICIAN

REINTRODUCE ONE FOOD AT A TIME AND ONLY EVERY THREE OR FOUR DAYS; IF SYMPTOMS APPEAR, ELIMINATE THIS FOOD ENTIRELY

REINTRODUCE ONLY FOODS THAT WILL POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR HEALTH

ROTATE SELECTIONS AND EAT A VARIETY OF FOODS; TRY NOT TO EAT THE SAME FOOD MORE THAN ONCE EVERY THREE OR FOUR DAYS

VITAMINS AND MINERAL SUPPLEMENTS ARE RECOMMENDED AND SHOULD BE TAILORED FOR OPTIMUM BENEFIT AND SUPPORT OF YOUR CONDITION

[This Message was Edited on 05/05/2003]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I recently underwent "intestinal cleansing" to rid the candida from my body. I used a regimen of herbs and it helped a lot. I got them from the health food store where my son works. I felt so much better as the days went on. I felt more clear-headed, had more energy and didn't feel so bloated. Now if I eat any yeast-containing foods I feel sluggish afterwards. For breakfast I drink a protein powder mixed in milk (I don't like soy milk). For lunch I have either turkey breast or rare roast beef (no bread). They just opened a Subway near my office and I can get the meat/turkey in a salad instead of on the bread. I have some brown rice cakes at my desk, along with raw almonds. I also read that the best fruit to eat are Granny apples. So I have that during the day. I'm trying to stay away from pasta and pizza. I find that the longer I stay away from those foods the less I crave them. I used to be a big starch eater - I even lived in Italy where I consumed huge quantities of pasta and pizza! Anyway, I find that if I stay away from the yeast products I feel better. I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome too, and since I stopped eating bread, etc. most of my symptoms have gone away. There are a lot of wonderful books you can read on the subject. One book I have is "Optimal Wellness" by Ralph Golan, M.D. He discusses different illnesses and how to treat them - yeast overgrowth being one of them. Please let us know how you're doing!

Annette2
  5. kalina

kalina New Member

I'm glad you got some answers. I thought this was going to be one of those "Jeopardy" things!

"What is sugar?"

Actually, you may find that all you need to cut out are sugar, white breads, pasta, and that sort of thing. I got relief after doing this. My doc said to give this a try, and if that didn't work that I would need to go on a more restricted diet. There are a lot of good books with info on what kinds of foods you CAN eat, as well as some good anti-yeast cookbooks. Good luck!

Kalina