A question re: Past History for anyone wanting to offer info

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azcrum, May 1, 2003.

1. azcrum

azcrum New Member

I am currently in counseling for past issues in my life and also have Fibro. My counselor told me she has atleast 8 woman patients who have this also and they all have 1 thing in common. They were abused (sexually, physically, and mentaly). That includes me too. I was wondering if your willing to answer this question, I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Pam
  2. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

3. LTLadyVols

LTLadyVols New Member

I was not. I believe mine was caused by my very stressful occupation and assignments as a police officer.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Abuse, did not have FM untill I had a bout of pneumonia when I was 30 years old.

I have read what you are talking about, but it did not relate to myself, but it seems to be quite common.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. celina

celina New Member

Yes I was sexually assaulted when I was 13
    NO, my doc, thinks the trigger was the birth of my son
  6. KayL

KayL New Member

but lots of childhood illness and adult injuries/surgeries.

Karen
  7. billiegail

billiegail New Member

That is not something I have heard, but I did not realize I had FM until this year.
    I think my mom has FM even though the doctor says it is RA. She was sexually, mentally, and physically abused as well.
  8. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I was raped at the tender age of 13. I was abused by a relative at 15, and have had a seriously violent husband whom I got rid of. I have wondered if there is something to it before. I have been in counseling for it, but I have had a broken back before also.
  9. CJR

CJR New Member

Yes, I was physically and emotionally abused by my father all of my childhood. There was also some sexual overtures in touching and verbal language. I have had many health problems in addition to fibro and arthritis. I often wonder if the stress caused some of them.
  10. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I think ANY trauma that puts your nervous system into the "fight-or-flight" mode for a long time can trigger this in a susceptible person. For me it was a serious car accident, and the last info I saw said car accidents (where a neck injury is involved) come in first as a trigger for FMS, starting 41% of cases
    Klutzo