A Question Regarding Migraine Headaches and Eyeglasses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Jul 16, 2008.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I have been experiencing bad migraines which I believe are related to my cycle as well as a sensitivity to yellow and red dyes.

The headaches have been particularly bad lately and my husband seems to feel it's due to my habit of constantly taking off my prescription glasses and putting on non-prescription sunglasses when I go outdoors or drive. Since I'm in and out all day, I take them on and off alot. Yesterday was brutal; today I've only worn my prescription glasses, which do tint in sunlight, and the migraine is almost (not completely) gone. Do you think this is a coincidence or not? I would really appreciate some insight into this.

[This Message was Edited on 07/16/2008]
  2. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

I've been battling migraines for over 30 years and have seen no connection between my glasses and the headaches.

My triggers are: my menstrual cycle, weather changes, certain foods, stress. Everyone is different - but I'm thinking a coincidence with the sunglasses.

HURTIN New Member

Hi LGP!

This is somewhat of a tricky question because headaches are apt to surface from a number of things (usually tension or stress). I hope you don't mind me asking, when is the last time that you've had your vision checked? This is something that you certainly would want to have confirmed by an opthamologist. It may be time for a new prescription. Although eyestrain has potential to cause headaches; it's not typical that it's the underlying cause. Maybe you should have your eyes checked anyway. There can be no harm done in using the "process of elimination"! If it's not your eyes; then you can move on to the next level by seeing a doctor. Feel better.