A question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Dec 18, 2005.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I am going to do my level best to keep this G rated.

I have odd allergic reactions to odd things (toothpaste, the opthamologist's eye drops, etc.)

with that in mind, my husband is wanting to purchse some, how do I say this? "Marital Aids". Does that make sense?

Anyway, I am concerned about being allergic to the material they are made from. Has anyone else had this issue? What materials have you found work for you?

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I just don't really know who else to ask such an odd question.
  2. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Your spot on :)

I can use the polymer c things. I have made sure nothing he buys is made of latex.

Also, it takes a bit for the reaction to show up so maybe I will just touch it and then wait a while, LOL.

Nanna, thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2005]
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I am a consultant for one of the party plans that specializes in this area. I am assuming you are asking about lotions, creams, etc. and not toys, if I'm wrong let me know.

Nearly all of the products I deal with are latex free. As someone else suggested, make sure the product you decide on is hypoallergenic in order to help cut down on the possibility of an allergic reaction.

My only other suggestion is concerning edible products. Those are often sugary based and are not meant to be used internally because they have a high risk of causing an infection.

I always suggest that people try these types of products before they buy. By try, I mean feel the product on their fingers (in order to see what the texture is, etc.), taste any edible product and get a better idea of what the product is before you waste money on something that might not be what you are really looking for.