A QUESTION....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I have a question to ask. Remember I told you I have a fibroid tumor? Well, that area is starting to feel funny again. It's sort of a heavy feeling. You don't get FMS pain in the uterine and bladder area, do you? I hate to keep calling the doctor. I can't tell if it's from the fibroid, or if it's the FMS. Please someone respond. This is driving me crazy. I'm also nauseous a lot lately. When I called my GYN dr. they said the nausea would not be a symptom of the fibroid. I haven't changed my meds or anything like that. Thanks all.

Annette2
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I have a question to ask. Remember I told you I have a fibroid tumor? Well, that area is starting to feel funny again. It's sort of a heavy feeling. You don't get FMS pain in the uterine and bladder area, do you? I hate to keep calling the doctor. I can't tell if it's from the fibroid, or if it's the FMS. Please someone respond. This is driving me crazy. I'm also nauseous a lot lately. When I called my GYN dr. they said the nausea would not be a symptom of the fibroid. I haven't changed my meds or anything like that. Thanks all.

Annette2
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I frequently get bad cramping/pain, fullness in my lower left abdomen. I was checked for ovarian cancer and it turned out I had a cyst. They can be very painful, but the pain does go away. I also was checked for diverticulosis, which would cause cramping and fullness in the abdomen. Actually, diverticulosis, ovarian cancer and ovarian cysts all have similar symptoms! I also have two herniated discs way at the bottom of my spine and they actually cause the same pain in my abdomen as the three things I mentioned above!

Marilyn :)
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

What did they do for the cyst?
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

They didn't do anything....the little buggers burst on their own the doctor told me. The pain was there for many days into a few weeks, then all of a sudden it was gone!

Marilyn :)
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

That must have hurt a lot!!!!
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Annette, There could be many causes of this, and I think you should be checked by a physician. You didnt say whether you were running a temperature, felt the need to void frequently, burning sensation during urination. These would be some signs of a UTI (urinary tract infection). Nausea, and high temp. is often one of the signs of a kidney infection. I have also had as an early symptom, a weird sensation, in my lower abdomen, prior to passing kidney stones, which goes from weird to bad, very quickly....
    I cant help you with the pain of your fibroid, as I have a golfball size mass on my left kidney, that is being explored, but I have no pain with it.
    I think a urinalysis...and trip to the physician, is a good idea.
    Karen
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to my doctor's office yesterday. I started having bad cramps and will probably have surgery in a few weeks. I'll keep you informed of what I plan on doing!

Annette2 :)