A question..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leokat, May 19, 2003.

1. leokat

leokat New Member

My sister is coming over on Thursday. We are begining to think that she also has fms. :-{ I just wanted to ask you people what information/advice you'd give her.

Obviously I don't want to overburden her or unduly influence her. But I feel she needs certain information in order to decide for herself and to take apropriate action. Also, even if it turns out that she doesn't actually have fms (and I guess it is possible). It would be good for me to give her some information whilst she's receptive.

She doesn't have a pc right now (her son took it to college with him) so I can't simply point her in the direction of the 'net.

I'm about to go offline - I've already been here far too long for me. However, I promise to look at any messages posted tomorrow a.m. and thanks in advance.

leo.
  2. coyote

coyote New Member

If she doesn't have access to a computer at home, maybe she could look up some information at a computer at the library......if they have one.
    She could talk with her Primary Care Doctor, and even ask for a referral to a rheumatologist for a diagnosis.
    There are many dis-eases that have similar symptoms, so I think she shouldn't try to Dx herself.