A quiet New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alaska3355, Dec 31, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We all stayed home and enjoyed each other's company. I had a cold, so we declined an invitation we had, but we had fun anyway. We watched the Marx Bros. in "Monkey Business", then lit some fireworks in the driveway. We still have plenty of snow, so no danger of fire here. The kids stayed up until midnight, but I was asleep! Anyone else care to mention their New Year's Eve?

Like most of our other New Year's, we stayed home..had a nice dinner and watched TV. Can't believe it's 2007..where is the time going?

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Had a very quiet New Years Eve., brought in the bells in bed...usually stay up for the bells but just wanted to relax....husband joined me and we watched a good music programme and some trashy New Years 'typical Scottish' programmes.

We had my Mum and brother for dinner, quiet day, lovely steak pie etc., typical Scottish New Year Day dinner, a couple of light drinks and now I'm off to bed again.

Hope 2007 is a great year for you and your son continues in good health and....wealth.

4. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Mine was quiet too, Alaska. I really did try to make it till midnight, but I was so tired and sore, that I decided that the real treat to give myself was to have a nice hot bath, get into bed early and watch my favorite movie.

:) sometimes you've just got to do what works for you.
  5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

guess what I did? I began putting tabs on the chapters of my Bible!!! More work than I imagined!

We ate our pre-medicine bedtime snack at 10;40 instead of 10:20! Such excitement~!~!!~!~!~!~!

Hubbyy went right to sleep and I looked at the clock at 11:01 p.m. which is 12:01 a.m. at out childrens' homes.
    Said Early Happy New Year to hubby but he didn't hear me and off I went to sleep!

Happy New Year to all of you wherever you are!!

Gentle Hugs

6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

But we enjoyed being home. Happy New Years, everyone!
  7. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I went to a get-to-gether at a friends house and ate way to much food. The scales punished me this morning!