A REAL PAIN IN THE...............FOOT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

I saw the Foot Dr. today. I "thought" I was going to get a quick fix and and easy solution to my foot pain and the numbness in my toes but it didnt turn out that way.

Instead I got diagnosed with a Neuroma which I had to get a cortisone shot for (and two more to go), Fasciitis which next monday afyer the second cortisone shot Ill get my whole foot taped for a few days and then theres issues with the way that my feet are when I walk...which NOW I have to get orthotics for (which will also help the fasciitis). Oh, and lets not forget that I was also diagnosed with some hammertoes.

Now mind you...in less then 6 months I hit the big 4-0. I feel really old now...I was in tears and frustrated when I got home. Hubby hugged me tight and I cried out of frustration.

I have had issues for over a yr or two but my theory is this...if I aint bleeding or dying then Ill leave it alone. I most likely made my issues worse because i ignored them.

ANyway...any fellow foot sufferers out there?

Im so sick of this body just always having a problem somewhere and nothing is ever a quick fix.

Thanks for listening
  2. Butterfly_of_grace

I saw a Podiatrist. The fasciitis is when the main tendon, PLantar,that runs along the bottom of your foot heel to ball of foot, gets really imflammed. In my case I have ignored getting help for a long time so the tendon itself is so inflammed and has been for so long you can actually see the thickening of it in the arch back to my heel.
    The Neuromo (or also called Martins Nueroma) is a small tumor like growth on the main nerve between the third and forth toe on my foot. Mine is large neough that when Doc moves my toes and the foot it actually makes a pop noise and it also m,akes my toes get prickley and numb (quite annoying)...this happens at work alot when Im on my feet for my 6 hour shift...and it doesnt matter what shoe I wear.

Hope that sheds some light.

And sorry to say but I have been dubbed the worlds worst worry wart...I win LOL. Just kidding.

3. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I had one of those Neuroma's in my foot. Very painful
    and to the point of excruciating.

Mine needed surgery to cut and kill the nerve. Numbness
    was a blessing compared to the pain.

I hope yours gets beter.

4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So sorry you are dealing with foot pain. Hope the shots help and the pain subsides soon. I also had plantar fascitis a couple of years ago. Very painful and tender, especially in the morning. With some rest it went away, but I gained a shoe size. I guess my arch flattened out a bit! Hopefully the fix will be quicker than you anticipate. Kim :)
  5. Butterfly_of_grace

Im not happy about the shots..Im bloated from the cortisone. My foot hurts worse then ever and hubby told me to give it time. The shots are making me grumpy and tired too. I HATE steriods...they always screw me up!

As far as the plantar faciitis, that and the nueroma are very common. He wants me to get orthotics. I cant get them if insurance wont pay so I will find out Monday what the cost is and if insurance will cover them. All I know is the extra hours I have had to put in at my job on my feet (which is going to be real bad this week). is what is doing me in. If its not the herniated disc in my back now its the darn foot. How frustrating.

As far as the first shot, My foot is worse and the numbness too. I hope its temporary./ I go monday AGAIN for another shot. Im VERY reluctant though.

Thanks for the support. Im so tired of all these things wrong with me ...its really depressing that at age 39 1/2 I cant function like a healthy person does. GRRRRR!

Now that the cold snap is finally here in NJ Im MISERABLE with the fibro...I cant even move to get out of bed.

Again, Im really frustrated the past few days (and the cortisone shots are making me even grumpier!!!!)

HUGS 2 ALL!
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I have the same thing! I also DO the same thing... if it is not bleeding, etc... I just deal with it. We do have to walk on those puppies all day long though,so probably silly of us.

I got a few of those shots, I almost kicked my pod. in the face. I screamed like some one was doing surgery on my, without the sedation. God help the poor people that were in the waiting room :-(. Anyway, it hurt soooo much worse afterwards adn I developed a neuroma... it was black and blue over 80% of my foot. Gross! So, I declined to have those shots again. The shot pain made it worse and by the time the numbness wore off, I had to deal with the Neuroma... no thank you!!

I am in a flare right now and since everything hurts I did not think much of it, but had this horrible pain on one of my toes and when I looked at it (pinky toe) there is a huge red, round bump on that puppy. Maybe I am just so inflamed right now, but geez, that popped up over night. So depressing.... just one more thing, huh??

See how those shots work for you, they just did not do it for me. I may decline on Monday if they have not helped you. Did I mention, at 35, I have the worst bunyons (sp)... god my feet could be in magazines (LOL). I inherited my dear grandmas feet. I am a sight!!

Let us know if you feel any better. Best of luck with your piggys... sorry they hurt you :-(

7. Butterfly_of_grace

its not worth it! Im STILL hurting and in WORSE pain....such a bummer!

Not sure what he will try next but I hope it wont keep making me worse.

I have an INSANE work week ahead of me (GOD HELP ME PLEASE) and I need my feet to work properly especially this week.
    Its been real bad.

I think the worst is that I woke today in such a fibro flare and fatigue I thought I was going to die.

Wish me luck this week. Ill need it to survive.