A recovered (partial) Manicdepressive chronic fatigue syndrom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erach27, Jan 24, 2007.

1. erach27

erach27 New Member

Hi,
    Why not check "urine therapy chronic fatigue syndrome" on the internet or [web site address removed as per rules].
    I got it thru walker's mailing list for manic-depressives that I may have chronic fatigue syndrome.

But if I can do hugging and cuddling for 3 hours yesterday, and still long for more today ----- then I'm definetely physically healthy.

But if I don't want mentally to do something, then I'm too tired to do it and can't do it.

Best REgards,
    EI
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Glad you found this site. Have you had your doctor check to see whether you have chronic fatigue syndrome? There are a lot of tests that need to be done before getting a diagnosis. Below, I've pasted some information about CFS diagnostic criteria.

I'm glad that you say you feel physically healthy, and are still able to do things you like to do. Generally, with CFS, we want to do things but are not able to do them. It's possible to have "chronic fatigue" - meaning, being fatigued for a long period of time - but to not have "chronic fatigue syndrome." Chronic fatigue syndrome is a severe, disabling disease, and has a very particular pattern of symptoms. There's lots of good info about it on this website. Hope you get good treatment and feel better.

((hugs))

http://www.immunesupport.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-symptoms.htm

Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Diagnosis
    Information for Physicians on Diagosing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has established certain criteria for diagnosing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:

1. Fatigue that is persistent, relapsing or debilitating; does not improve with bed rest; and reduces or impairs average daily activity level by more than 50 percent for a period of at least 6 months. Patient has no previous history of fatigue.

2. The patient has 4 or more of the following symptoms, which must have persisted or recurred during 6 or more consecutive months and predated the fatigue:
    Short-term memory or concentration problems
    Sore throat
    Multi-joint pain without joint swelling or redness
    Muscle pain
    Headaches of a new type, pattern or severity
    Non-refreshing sleep
    Post-exertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours

In addition, a number of minor symptoms may also appear:

Poor sleep
    Achiness
    Brain fog
    Increased thirst
    Bowel disorders
    Recurrent infections
    Exhausting after minimal exertion

The CDC criteria should not be thought of as final guidelines in diagnosing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

[This Message was Edited on 01/25/2007]
  3. KelB

KelB New Member

Hi there and welcome.

I would echo the importance of getting your symptoms checked by your doctor before self-diagnosing Chronic Fatigue. There are several medical conditions out there which can feel like Chronic Fatigue, and you really need to have the tests to get those discounted.

Chronic Fatigue is a diagnosis of elimination - basically if you test negative for all the other things that could cause your symptoms, then they'll call it Chronic Fatigue.

But please - it is important to be checked for other possibilities with your doc.

If you feel physically healthy, then that already rings alarm bells with me that you could be experiencing something other than Chronic Fatigue. It isn't an illness that you can influence by mentally wanting to do something.

I wish you all the best with your journey. Keep us posted with your progress.