A repost of "Lean Hard" and prayer request

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Takesha, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Child of my love lean hard 08/11/03 09:38 PM

"Child of My love, lean hard,
    And let Me feel the pressure of they care;
    I know thy burden, child. I shaped it;
    Poised it in Mine Own hand: made no proportion
    In its weight to thine unaided strength,
    For even as I laid it on, I said
    'I shall be near, and while she leans on Me,
    This burden shall be Mine, not hers;
    So shall I keep My child within the circling arms
    Of My Own love.' Here lay it down, nor fear
    To impose it on a shoulder which upholds
    The goverment of the Worlds. Yet closer come;
    Thou art no near enough. I would embrace they care;
    So I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
    Thou lovest Me? I knew it. Doubt not then;
    But lovig Me, lean hard."

This by far is one of my favorites from the book titled "Stream in the Desert. I hope it blesses you as it has me.

I decided to re-post this for some of the newer people and I guess I must admit I needed it myself.

Things are really tough right now from a human stand point. Besides the visits to the emergency room a few weeks ago, and the tests coming up, and missing so many classes. I rolled over (normally) in my sleep a few nights ago and my arm popped out of the socket and went right back in. I was sound asleep but the "pop" woke me up and then the pain hit. It was like having a strong contracton while giving birth (sort of). Anyway, it's doing better, but I am all stiff and still in pain. It's sort of scary not knowing what is going to happen next!
    I stopped taking the celebrex because I think that is what is messing up my stomach, and now am having some of the old arthritis pain. Poor Michael came home from work last Monday because by the time I got dressed and started to head out to school, the fatigue hit me like a huge wave and I couldn't go. I started crying because it's hard to "accept" that this in not going to go away, and I can't force myself like I could when I was healthy. Michael came home to comfort me, and then missed thursday too, when my arm popped out. He has no sick time left so that is going to be a big hurt in finaces.
    There is a silver lining though (you guys know me, I try to count the blessings too).

I called my DVR counselor and she made an appointment for me with a mental health therapist. I talked to her while making an appointment and told her, I just needed to learn some new coping skills. DVR will pay for my appointments so that is a blessing. Also, I called my clinic and they are waiving the payments for the GI Studies for me, so I won't have to pay for that either. There's more!

I was told awhile back that when you receive the Pell Grant and scholarships, that you can't take Distance Learning from my college. I have wished frequently that this wasn't true as it's making it to class that is the problem, not the learning.

I found out that this is not true when I met with an Achievment coach from school on tuesday. Sooo, from here on out I am going to stay at home and take my classes on line! Praise Jesus.
    Now- all this information came on the same day that I couldn't go to class and was depressed...so as Mikie's post a day or so ago said..We never quite know the whole plan.
    Also, you guys, I have managed to maintain mostly all A's in my computer classes so unless they lower my grade for missing so much class, I should still get A's in both.

Now that is a Miracle!

Thank you for all your prayers and please keep praying.
    Michael is not doing well at all. I am hoping that God will allow my SSI to be approved without the hearing. All my info is on the Judges desk now. My paralegal said maybe since the courts shut down for the holidays, that they would just approve it instead of setting a hearing. I would so much like to see the pressure taken of of Michael, the stress of trying to work is really making him sicker. We are "leaning hard" on God's Grace and Mercy right now. I can't imagine not knowing His love for us, and going through this.

Hugs to you all,
    Takesha

2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

This is good news Takesha. zGod bless you.

Danny