A request for prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by RoseTx, Jan 14, 2002.

1. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

A long time friend contacted me to ask for prayers from my friends...And you are my friends. Jerry has, in the last three months lost a mother, a sister and a brother in seperate accidents envolving drunk drivers. He is having a really hard time dealing with this much sorrow. Please, mention him in your prayers. thanks Rose
  2. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

PLEASE LORD WATCH OVER ROSES FRIEND JERRY IN HIS TIME OF NEED.

SUCH SENLESS ACTS ARE ONES WE CARRY BURDEN AND MAYBE IF WE SWITHCED THEM AROUND ARE WAY IOF THINKING I MEAN MAYBE WE COULD SEE THE LIGHT. LORD FREE HIM OF HIS PAIN AMEN.

MAYBE THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY THE LORD COULD HAVE THEM ALL TOGETHER SO THEY ARE KNOW THERE BY HIS SIDE TO WAIT AND COMFORT JERRY WHEN IT IS HIS TIME GODBLESS ROSE LOVE SOULWRITER GAIL RANEY
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Rose, have just added Jerry to my prayer list.

My son and his wife just went through this a few months back.

It is so terrible, God Bless, and Bless Jerry also.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Rose if I know Jerry, I don't remember. We, Will and I, will pray for him as we pray for you and your family every night.

I wrote a poem under soulwriter's post about home last evening after having a spiritual moment in Will's "new" and private room. We had the door closed and William had called a meeting (don't say it!); after his meeting I asked him if I could give his room a blessing, even if I was not a priest.

Well, We bowed our heads and I began by giving thanks...when it came to the blessing part, I hesitated looking for the words...they came, and I blessed his room. Afterwards (and during) we were able to feel the presence of the spirit. As we looked up again, I asked William if he felt the presence of the spirit and he said he did; what a nice moment to share. Thought you'd like to know. Love CactusLil'
  5. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

Jan, I just read this. Haven't been here in a spell. There are many instances of Mother's giving blessings when there was no priest around to take care of it. I know you felt the spirit as you and Will shared this moment. Hugs,Rose
  6. ginny

ginny New Member

Rose,
    I will write himm down on my prayer list for tonight.
    ginny
  7. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Just a note to let you know, you folks are in Will and my prayer. I had asked you earlier if I knew Jerry....if I do, please leave a message on the phone or call after 10:00p.m. (I shut the computer down at that time.) Love Lil'