A Riddle for Ali and et. al.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jan 8, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Okay, folks, step right up. Don't stand too close to the guy wires or the performer may take a nasty spill.

Here is today's riddle. A riddle for today and for the ages. You may have to gnaw on this for a while.

Submit your answer w/ one boxtop or a ten dollar bill. You must be present for the drawing to win. Drawing to be held right after the tractor pull behind the fire station.

Bring your family and have a picnic while you are entertained. The WCTU will be selling lemonade. Myrtle Kunkat will sing "In the Baggage Coach Ahead".

She will be accompanied by a piano on wheels; it can accompany you anywhere. Virgil Bigalk w/ his double-belled, valve trombone will offer musical selections. Waldo Fjelstad will operate the mute.

No reservations needed. One to a family. Double coupons on Fridays. Your participation is earnestly solicited. Close cover before striking.
  2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

This one sounds Double Dutch to me,LOL.
    PS Will Five Scottish Pounds cover it??????
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

excellent, but no idea whatsover.

4. rockgor

As so often happens I forgot the main point of my post.

Can you (or your husband) explain to me how to post pictures?

You would have to use simple words easily understood by one who was not raised in the high-tech world of computers, shopping malls, and plastic wrap.

5. elliespad

elliespad Member

DEFINATELY sounds Double Dutch. We will probably go round and round with this one.
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

but can I accompany Myrtle on her song? I'd only charge a piece of cheese......
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Can i bring my horse? We can do a Spanish Mustang in American History lecture! And everyone can pet and brush, or get horsey hugs, but no cheese, horses don't like cheese,
    maybe a sugar cookie.

I love Cheese, if i'm doing a demo, do i get in free??

8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Dutch cheese is the clue,LOL.
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

How 'bout edam?
  10. rockgor

What a smart bunch we have here. Whey to go! The winners are:

Mamapepp and

Where the heck is Ali? I posted this especially for her. Bet she's not feeling so hot at the moment.

Tune in again at this same time tomorrow when we will hear Our Gal Sundae say to Ma Perkins, "I told you to close the door before we left."

11. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Talking about doors,do you know whose doorstep the following lyrics are from:

"down Paradise Row,I'd sit along o' Nelly"
  12. rockgor

Just woke up from a long nap. I see my earlier post evaporate.

I looked on the net. Mother Kelly. Never came across this song before.

I do have some recordings of The Stone Outside Dan Murphy's Door. The best one is by Anna McGoldrick.

Anything new on your doorstep these days?
  13. paulmack

paulmack New Member

thought you might have heard of the song "on mother kellys doorstep".I think it was an old theatre favorite in the 1920's but to be honest there's not much info on it when you do a Google search.
    If you check out the site below you'll get a quick 30 sec of the song:

PS Not much happening on my doorstep,More of the same old,same old etc.Not heard of Dan Murphys Door either but I'll check it out.

[This Message was Edited on 01/10/2007]
  14. rockgor

Couldn't get the cut and paste to work so I typed in the URL and voila! I have seen references to Danny LaRue. Never saw him in the flesh (photo flesh) before. Reminds me of Mae West.

Cute song. By the most amazing kawinkydink I put on a tape today and there, after excerpts from Madame Butterfly and something by A. L. Weber was "Dan Murphey's Door".

A very cheery melody, but rather meloncholy words.

No response at all from Ali. Maybe she's busy chasing a moose or a bear outta the yard. Northern Minnesota is a pretty wild place, you know.
  15. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Theres maybe a moose,loose,aboot this hoose,LOL.
    That's a mouse of course,haha.