A salicylate-What is it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I wanted to start taking Turmeric and then read it is salicylate and some people can not tolerate it. How would you know if you can not tolerate a salicylate? I am assuming it has something to do with salt. My dr. told me to increase my salt b/c I have very low blood pressure.

I just started Olive leaf extract two weeks ago and read that is a salicylate too. Could that be making me feel worse?

I have been rid of the sick feeling for months now and was just fatigued adn tired...now I am back to feeling sick and flu-like so was looking for something to help with those symptoms. What a continuous battle!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

IS IN EVERY PLANT THERE IS IT IS IN TOOTHPASTE HERBS THE GRASS BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE SENSITIVE TO IT. THEY HAVE WEBSITES IF YOU GOOGLE IT GOOD LUCK CHARLENE
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

Thanks..I think I did too much the week before. My Father in law passed away and I was running around...talking to people going out to eat every night etc...basically living a life of a "normal". I thought I was cured! then the crash came hard core. I hate that my battle can not handle anything.