A Sattle Block? I cant spell today sorry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. carebelle

    carebelle New Member

    The pain in my back feels like the pain I had in labor after giving birth to my children.My back hurts like its right in my spine where I had a sattle block.Its like my back stiffens up right in that area and then there is really bad pain like its going to break. My Doc put me on musle relaxers.

    They help the rest of my muscles but My back is still in bad pain .I do not think its a slip dic but I'm wondering if anyone else keeps pain in this area.Warm baths do not help. Any thinking on this ?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  2. Marta608

    Marta608 Member

    Moist heat. Twenty minutes on, then twenty minutes off. I'd suspect tension. How's the sale of your house going?

    Good luck with this.

    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  3. carebelle

    carebelle New Member

    The sale isn't going well.We have been getting a lot more lookers but no buyer yet.

    I do have some tension but the muscle relaxers help that .My back pain has been around even before our house went up for sale.
  4. suz45

    suz45 New Member


    Have you had this pain before? It almost sounds to me like your spine might be out of alignment, have you noticed a pulling either to the left or right of your spine? You would notice this more when your muscle relaxants wear off. Did your doctor examine your back? Often if one of the spinal discs is off it hurts the muscles of the lower back... Muscle relaxants help ease the pain but may not fix the probelem. Would you consider seeing a chiro and would your doctor make a referral.

    I know many people think they are qucks but the field of chiropractic medicine has come along way. The chiro I see also provides services at a local hospital near me and his partner teaches nutrition at a well known medical school near me. If this is something you would consider, make sure 1. The chiro is ACA accredited and fully licensed, 2. Does not do just back crunching, 3. no Gimic ads that have cure alls and make sure they are familiar with FM and dealing with soft tissue issues.

    I hope this wasn't too much too take in. I also agree with the post regarding wram moist towel 20 minutes on. I use this at home and my DC always starts me off with warm towels to relax the muscles. Let us know how you are doing. I understand the pain...Have had back issues for years it can be so difficult.

    Softest Hugs,

    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  5. carebelle

    carebelle New Member

    I have had back pain before but its two different this time.
    I have back pain thats muscle pain but this feels like its in the spine
  6. suz45

    suz45 New Member


    I know alot of people don't see Chiros as real doctors but they have alot of good training when it comes to the back, if you think its your spine is this something you would consider.

    my PCP sent me to one in late August as my old back injury had flared up and my trigger points were also flaring. All he could offer was meds and we both agreed that was only a short term fix. Does your insurance cover it.

  7. carebelle

    carebelle New Member

    no it isnt covered .
    I have been doing my housework today I am going to rest It get worse after I do the wash I think its in the movements up and down .Im overweight also that doesnt help I know.

    thanks for your help .I may go to the massage first to see if it helps.
  8. LittleBluestem

    LittleBluestem New Member

    Does your insurance cover a physical therapist? One of them also might be able to help. Again, make sure they are accredited; the more education, the better.

[ advertisement ]