A Scottish Picture guess where????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Jan 13, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Anyone like to guess where this picture is in Scotland??
    I will check back shortly with a clue.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2007]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I believe that is a bridge in the background, and I believe I saw it researching one of your other Where is its. Will let you know when I find it.
  3. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I'll be looking for clues

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Is it Clava Cairns Railroad Bridge - Culloden, Scotland - uses multiple arches to cross the valley floor?
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

The the Railroad Bridge Over the Glenfinnan Viaduct

Why not let the "train take the strain" and enjoy the 40 miles between Fort William and Mallaig from the comfort of a seat on The Jacobite, a special steam train which during the season travels through some of the most beautiful scenery in West Scotland.

6. paulmack

paulmack New Member

No not the Clava Cairns Bridge.
    It's quite a famous area of Scotland, historically some Chieftains met here in support of a certain Clan,but it's probably more well known than that from something that happened here in more recent times but if I tell you what then I'd be giving you the answer.LOL.
  7. paulmack

paulmack New Member

excellent,it is the Glenfinnan Viaduct.But do you know why the Bridge is so well-known to millions of youngsters all over the world.
  8. elliespad

elliespad Member

I didn't before, but I do now. Filming of two of the Harry Potter movies - The Chamber of Secrets and The Prisoner of Azkaban - took place on the real life route of the West Coast Railway. Children of all ages should appreciate the enchantment of the journey on the Jacobite Steam Train. VERY COOL !!

9. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Choo Choo,watch out for The Hogwarts Express,the Harry Potter train,LOL.
    Aw shucks Elliespad,you're too good for this game.Just let me know what you want for your prize;
    -tickets for a rail trip along the beautiful West Highland Way line,or,
    -the full set of Harry Potter books,LOL.
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

disappeared. Seems to happen an awful lot.
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

I guess I'll have to take the books. I'm afraid of heights and would NEVER knowingly/willingly ride a train that high up.
  12. paulmack

paulmack New Member

You have to press "post this reply",LOL.

Only kidding,I spent about 5 mins posting a topic the other day & was sure I posted it,but it never appeared.I blame the fibro fog,or should that be Scotch Mist,haha.
  13. paulmack

paulmack New Member

HAHA,you have to pick the books up at the station at the other end of the Glenfinnan viaduck,LOL
  14. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I didn't recognize it...But I'm not into Harry Potter as much as those two ;)

Keep showing us your lovely Scottish scenery!

My Great Grandmother McGwin I believe was from Scotland, or maybe she came to America from Scotland via Northern Ireland...My cousin did the geneology, she would know.

15. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm sorry I missed the game! I recognized the bridge from the West Highland railway, but would have had to search for a while to find the name of the bridge online.

When I was in Scotland in '86, after spending a weekend with cousins of a friend on the Isle of Skye, we rode from Portree, Skye, across the ferry, and then along a similoar route as the railway: up the highway to Loch Ness, where I looked for Ol' Nessie at the museum (she didn't appear that day). I then hitchhiked up to Inverness and took the bus back to London.

Maybe they'll put a special Fibro car on the Highland trains for you, so you can ride the rails!
  16. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Love this picture and the other one you posted of scottland, landscape.

Makes me think of fairy tales, and fantasy's, King Arthur and Lancelot.
  17. elliespad

elliespad Member

Maybe you'd be kind enough to ride across with your new "wheels" and pick up my books for me?
  18. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Suz,glad you enjoyed the pic.Yeh there is some amazing scenery in Scotland.I just cannot wait 'til I get this Fibro under control as I really want to go sight-seeing up the Highlands.Don't recognise the name McGwin but popular Scottish names are McGinn & McGlynn.I know a lot of surnames got changed when people emigrated to other countries??
    Morningsonshine,yeh some of the pics up here are amazing & do invoke a lot of fairytale scenes.
    Ken & Elliespad,Yeh Ken can just imagine the scene,me in a special Fibro train carriage(apparently it's the slowest train in the world due to the fibro fog,lol),you just behind in your new powerchair that has been specially adapted for running on train-lines,that would be a picture,haha.We'll stop at the station by the Glenfinnan Viaduct & pick up the books for Ellispad,lol.

Ken,did you not know that "Nessie" only appears to Scottish folk,lol,particularly if you've had a few Whisky's,haha.