A Scripture

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, May 7, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

James 1: 19-20

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Julie's post of helping her family made me think of this. She is so giving.

I think there is no end to the good we can do, to the influence we can have with others.
    Let's not dwell on the critical or the negative. Let us pray for strength and pray for capacity and desire to assist others. Let's radiate the light of our Lord, at all times, and all places. I believe that service, and compliments to others certainly brings us to this strength, capacity, and desire to not only assist, but to have that ever needed love in this world, for one another.
    Love to all, Cynthia
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I agree with you 100%, and am so glad you wrote this. You expressed perfectly what I think.
  3. jole

jole Member

I believe in being loving, kind and forgiving. I believe in helping those who are less fortunate than we are. There are nonchristians on this board who are very good people and I would enjoy spending time with them.

But I just can't find it in myself to say I'm Christian and let anyone say that our Jesus doesn't exist. What are we doing to our salvation if we can't stand for Him, who created us, died for us, and gave us eternal life?

No, we are not going to change the mind of anyone who doesn't want to believe, but on the other hand, how much will be tolerated of us if we simply turn our back and ignore Him?
    I'm crying as I type this....I know He's sad, and I hope it's not because I've stood up for Him. Love ya all ***Jole***
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

We as Christians know how you feel. I believe that we are standing up for him. He knows us. He knows how we feel. There have been times that I wish I could just shake the knowledge of those that don't believe, into believing, but that isn't God's way. He gave us free agency. We are free to say or post, or even teach, in this country about God's way. How blessed are we to live in this country! You said you can't find yourself letting anyone say that our Jesus doesn't exit. Jesus did. He was gentle in his teachings. He said what he came here to say. In the end, he let himself die for our sins. Could he have stopped it? I believe that he could. Look at what those people did to him. They beat him, they spat upon him, they put a crown of thorns on his head. He let them. He died with horrible things being said to him. What did he say while on the cross? Forgive them, for they know not what they do. We need to go about our ways, with Jesus' example of love. We need to work on that pure love of Christ. I really do believe that we are standing up for our Jesus, whille we have the opportunity to post scripture that we love, say a loving prayer for someone. You said it, we can't "make" someone change their mind, if anything, if we try to push something on someone, we just tend to make the opportunity worse than better. Let people feel of your love through sharing your loving and caring ways. You are very loving and caring, I can see that. No one doubts that. You have a tremendous amount of love for our Lord. As do I. I don't feel that I am not standing for God while taking in new friends, whether they believe or not. You asked, What are we doing to our salvation if we can't stand for Him...well, I wonder how many people he stood with, talked with, laughed with, that didn't believe he was who he proclaimed to be. We know that he prayed for everyone while here. I've worked so hard to come to the place that I can love and respect all people. When I hear something that is negative out there in this harsh old world, I take a step back, and I look at that person, and I remind myself that God, loves, that, person. That he/she is also a child of God. Just because I believe in him, doesn't make me better than the next. He wants that child back oh so much. Everyone's circumstances have been different throughout their lives, we can't judge anyone. That's completely up to God. All he asks of us, is to love and show respect to our neighbor.
    I have no doubt that the people here on this board know that you stand very strongly for Jesus. I have no doubt that the people here on this board know, that I stand very strong for Jesus. I thank them for their respect for me, and their willingness to share and laugh with me. I enjoy talking with others, and whom I believe to be, children of God..whether they know it or not..:)
    Yes, he has to be sad. Not only about those that don't know him, but for those that can't stand for him. I'm sure he's very grateful to you for being one of those that can stand firm. He needs people that can share his word. Let's do it in a loving way, as Christ did himself.
    Love you sweetie, Cynthia
  5. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I am so glad that I have such loving and devoted Christians here on this board to teach me about their faith.

You two, Jole and Doz, are shining examples of your Christianity, so Jole don't cry please. You are doing such a good job representing.

big hug and peace and love to all

vivian
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2009]