a skychomper's thanks to everyone + whats worked for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skychomper, Mar 3, 2003.

1. skychomper

skychomper Member

thanks to everyone for welcoming me. It definitely sucks to have this thing- especially to be in your twenties and trying to live your life. err! Im trying to work myself out of this last hole- and I can honestly say that it does get easier each time. I don't know exactly what I can offer since there are so many "treatments" out there. mostly they've been a dead end for me, except for sambucol-black elderberry extract (takes away swore throats, brings my glands down and helps me feel a bit better. and I did have neuro biofeedback way back when I was 20 to help with the brain fog. and it really helped. Since I've gotten cfs, I've noticed Im a really slow healer too- so I've been taking 2 grams of vitamin C a day- 500milligrams in one pill- and I my rashes and cuts are healing right away. give me a shout out if you need to vent or if I can help you with anything. your honest and supportive words are definitely helping me! -skychomper
  2. joe_

joe_ New Member

i have noticed i am a slow healter, too!
    in summer, when i noticed it first, i've checked my blood clotting value and related indicators, and, guess what, everything is in the lower end of the range or even slighty below. So i think i have it black on white that my clotting machinery is not as it should be

intersting stuff about vitamin c... i have "googled" for blood clotting, and most resources talk about "vitamin K" in association with blood clotting. however, i will try both

and thanks for the hint regarding black elderberry extract (i have sore throat, too, and i have no doubt it comes from swolen glands)

cheers
    joe