A smile -- Three Bald Eagle Babies!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConfusedInPA, Apr 3, 2014.

1. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Active Member

Hi everybody!

There are now THREE Bald Eagle Babies, in the Hays Neighborhood of Pittsburgh.

HOW CUTE!

This is the best camera view I can get, and, oh boy, I can watch it for hours:

http://beta.wildearth.tv/cam/pittsburgh-bald-eagles

Don't ya just LOVE NATURE?????

Enjoy!

:D

PS: This is not my camera. I wish it was. :p I've tried many more websites, and this is the best reception that I get. You all can google "baby bald eagles pittsburgh", to read and try to see more. It's all over our news.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    paulac7 likes this.
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good grief Diane. They sound really cute. I keep trying and even installed a video converter which doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if I needed to do something else or what.

I have the Adobe Reader on my Firefox but so many things I cannot get from there for some reason.

Not sure if I should have tried to complete my installation of something else they wanted me to install. I forget what it was. I will keep trying.

Geez what a pain ):!! grrrrrr

Love,
    o_OGranni
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Just watched when the third one was working it's way out of the egg. And the parent so gently feeding the other two with it's fierce looking curved beak.

And reading that they've made a comeback after 200 years. How wonderful.
  4. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Active Member

It's raining here right now Judy -- you can see the raindrops hitting the nest -- so I think Mama Eagle has the babies covered, underneath her. Not sure where Papa Eagle is right now. Sometimes he flies down to the Monongahela River, to bring a fish to the nest, for a meal.

It's supposed to be rainy for the next several days, so there might not be much "baby eagle action," 'til the weather clears.

Glad that you enjoyed the post.

Just wanted to give y'all a smile!

:)
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  5. paulac7

paulac7 Member

How cool is that, Diane....up here in the hills NE of you...there are several places where they nest....thanks for posting...and stay dry!!

Paula
    ConfusedInPA likes this.
  6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Diane, good to see this nature posting....wonder if bald eagles were brought into the Pgh area to breed since they've been extinct for a long time.

Last night on Nova (National Geo) it was about the extinct wolves in Yellowstone and the Panther in FL and how the animals were brought in from other areas to breed again in these areas....fascinating on the re-wilding as they called it of the "extinct" animals. jam
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I watched it a little.....it's around 8:42 PM over there. A train whistle disturbed her a little and she moved around on her chicks.....how cute! Thanks for sharing
  8. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hi Diane and everyone! This is so neat to watch...we have a camera set up in Iowa also...fascinating! Thanks for posting this, so neat to get to peek at nature.