A Song From My Daughter Angie

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by poets, Aug 4, 2008.

1. poets

poets Member

Back a few years ago when my daughter Angie was going through a lot of trials, she wrote a song. I don't have the tune available to listen to, but I thought the words were beautiful. Especially since she was really depressed and hurting. She never gave up on God. She always said her faith saw her through.

"Are You Really Up There"

Sometimes we say God, are You really up there?
    Where are the blessings that You promised would come through?
    Sometimes we say God, did You forsake me?
    Did You forget what I needed You to do?

Are You up there, are You listening?
    Do You hear me when I pray?
    Dear Lord, How I love You,
    How I want to trust You and obey.

Sometimes we think, He has forgotten our needs,
    and on our knees we begin to beg and plead,
    That's when we need to trust Him for His word,
    Because we know that our prayers are always heard.

Yes He's up there, and He's listening,
    And He hears you when you pray.
    And oh, how He loves you,
    All you have to do is trust Him and obey.

Angie sometimes sings this at church. It has a really catchy tune. The little song has seen me through quite a bit.

Just wanted to share it.

Hugs,
    Meg

2. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

Thanks for sharing Angies song, I love it.

Its when the trials are so long and tough that we find ourselves wondering about Gods word and promises and when on earth its going to pass, the trusting and waiting seems a bigger test than the trial!

So happy she got through the tough time, God is a good God.

Are you able to share her testimony? I love hearing about victory.

Cindy.
  3. poets

poets Member

It's a LONG story, and as soon as I find time, I'll try to share it. The poor girl went through unbelievable things.

She's due to have her second child ANY TIME now, so as soon as things settle down I'll try to write a bit about it.

Hopefully it won't be too long to wait!!

Love,
    Meg
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Loved Angie's song, and the strength of her faith.

Wish that we could hear her sing it. :)

Our prayers are with you, and Adam, and Angie and the baby!

I keep checking to see when there will be news of the baby's coming.

You must be on pins and needles waiting.

Love and prayers,
    Judy
  5. poets

poets Member

Judy............We're still waiting on the baby. Angie's been having a lot of contractions, but they keep stopping. The doctor said if she doesn't deliver the baby by the 17th she will induce her. Let's hope she goes on her own!

Thanks for your concern.
    I'll keep you posted.

Love, Meg
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Two more weeks to go -tops.

May our Lord care for you and Adam, and Angie and the baby.

And your son-in-law.

May He keep your minds quiet and occupied, and bring his holy presence into your thoughts. Amen

I know it's so hard to do for us all - but "one day at a time".

Blessings to your households,
    Love, Judy
  7. poets

poets Member

Angie is scheduled to go into the hospital tomorrow morning to be induced. Please send up a prayer for her. And once again, thanks to all of you for caring! I'll keep you posted.

Love,
    Meg
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

How thrilling!

Have started praying - will pray especially tomorrow!

Judy
  9. poets

poets Member

I've never been so disheartened in my life. We got everything packed, took one of my friends with us to stay with my grandson, and drove 35 miles at 5 o'clock in the morning, only to find out that every delivery room was full. Just as we thought a room was available what happens but someone else comes in that's in active labor. So now Angie will have to wait until her doctor is back in town next Monday if she wants her doctor to be the one that delivers her. If she goes into labor, during the week, another doctor will have to deliver her and her bedside manner is not as good as Angie's doctor.

I've never heard to tell of such a thing. This hospital has six delivery rooms!

So I guess all I can say is keep on praying, and I'll keep you posted. (I still have a headache!)

Love,
    Meg
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2008]
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

How completely frustrating, and unsettling!

How is Angie taking it?

I'm praying for you that you can rest up well, for the next try.

Did Angie's Dr. explain that this could happen?

Praying for Adam too, in all of this turmoil.

Love, Judy

11. poets

poets Member

Angie's doctor said as far as she could remember it had never happened before that all the delivery rooms were in use. She wanted to induce her Monday as she had to leave town and wouldn't be back until Sunday evening. She hopes to induce Angie on Monday if she hasn't gone by then. Angie hopes that she can hold out until Monday because she wants her doctor to be the one who delivers her.

Angie was disheartened but said that evidently there was a reason that this happened, and that perhaps in the long run it was better because the nurses were hurrying around and rushed and the atmosphere was rather tense.

She handled it better than I did!!

Meg
  12. poets

poets Member

Angie had another NST test this morning that she passed with flying colors. The baby is looking good and she's down about as low as she can get. So since her doctor will be back late Sunday night she has Angie scheduled to be induced at 7:30 Monday morning (the 18th).

Please pray that there will be no problems with the rooms this time. Angie's diabetes really requires that she not go overdue with the baby by more than a few days at the most. I have a feeling that her Doctor won't be too pleased if they try to say there aren't any rooms.

Please pray that she can hold out until Monday so her regular doctor can induce her. And also that Adam will stay settled and calm enough to avoid a seizure.
    Thanks so much for your prayers. Please keep them coming.

I'll keep you posted.

Love You All,
    Meg
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2008]
  13. windblade

windblade Active Member

Prayers are coming, Meg, for Angie, the baby and Adam.

Jesus dear, we place Meg and Angie and Adam and the baby in your loving care, and all the details and needs of this birth.

In Your holy and Precious name we pray,
    Amen
  14. poets

poets Member

Finally. Angie had her baby. She was born at 2 o'clock this afternoon after a three and a half hour labor. The baby weighed 8.5 lbs. and has lots of black wavy hair.

I'm not sure about the length as she got mad when they were measuring her, and I didn't catch what the nurse said. She seems to have my temper.............

Thanks to all of you for your concern and prayers.

Love You All,
    Meg

Finally found out she is 20" long.[This Message was Edited on 08/19/2008]
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I was praying and thinking of Angie yesterday.

What wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so glad that Angie had a short delivery, and the baby is such a good healthy size!

And that Angie had her regular Dr. there.

Kimberly Anne is such a beautiful name - I love the way it sounds.

WELCOME to the precious baby, and God bless everyone in your family!

This is such happy news.

Thanks for sharing so quickly.

Love, Judy
  16. windblade

windblade Active Member

I was just browsing on Chat when I came across your post of Kimberly Anne's pic.

Oh, what a darling she is! All that dark hair! Angie looks so well. The baby is so adorably chubby.

I hope you'll keep posting more pics.

Blessings to all in your family. What a joyful time.

Love,
    Judy