A Spa or Resort already somewhere?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Darcie, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Darcie

Darcie New Member

Hello,

I feel absolutely overwhelmed and exhausted. I've read the posts from people who have a dream of the perfect CFIDs/FM GetAway/Resort, and unerstand the desire completely.

But I would really like to find a relaxing, restful place right now, even if it's not specifically for this illness. One that offers an array of services (massage, ect.) and nutritious meals AND people wouldn't stare at you if you're there alone. I've asked around, but my town is small and the resources I aksed aren't aware of such places. I did a search on the Google internet engine, but there are so many, how to weed thru to find a reputable one? (Right now I'm looking at a site for one called "Miravel", for example. They've put into wrods pretty much what I need.)

Anyone been to a place or have a friend who's been to such a place? I really don't think being checked into a hospital would be good in the long run, it's all about just sedation and medications. (Been there, done that.)

Any suggestions? I'm brand new here, but I've been ill with CFIDS/FM for nearly 11 years now. I'm exhausted at every level.

thank you in advance
    Darcie
  2. Darcie

Darcie New Member

Hello,

I feel absolutely overwhelmed and exhausted. I've read the posts from people who have a dream of the perfect CFIDs/FM GetAway/Resort, and unerstand the desire completely.

But I would really like to find a relaxing, restful place right now, even if it's not specifically for this illness. One that offers an array of services (massage, ect.) and nutritious meals AND people wouldn't stare at you if you're there alone. I've asked around, but my town is small and the resources I aksed aren't aware of such places. I did a search on the Google internet engine, but there are so many, how to weed thru to find a reputable one? (Right now I'm looking at a site for one called "Miravel", for example. They've put into wrods pretty much what I need.)

Anyone been to a place or have a friend who's been to such a place? I really don't think being checked into a hospital would be good in the long run, it's all about just sedation and medications. (Been there, done that.)

Any suggestions? I'm brand new here, but I've been ill with CFIDS/FM for nearly 11 years now. I'm exhausted at every level.

thank you in advance
    Darcie
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

theres a place in tucson called canyon ranch spa alot of celebertys go there ,there is a nurse there who speacilize in fm/cfs ,its so grate my sister in law worked there its very pricey i cant afford it wish i could , its deffentley worth the money if you have it!! 520-740-9000