A thanks to all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annl, Oct 25, 2002.

1. annl

annl New Member

for your warm welcome. It really feels good to know that I have friends to talk to about my problems. I was so unsure about the diagnosis made by the doctor the beginning of this week. I have been feeling terrible for the last three years and my GP did not believe it was CFS but through research, I found that I had many symtoms. The main ones were the fatigue all of the time - can't seem to get enough sleep, achiness - come home from work feeling like I have the flu, lightheadedness, short term memory problems, confusion, concentration problems and some pain in my shoulders elbows and wrists. Don't know if I remembered all but these are the main ones. I went to a Rheumatologist/Imunologist listed on the good doctor list because I believed it wwas CFS but she diagnosed me as having FM and was told that many CFS symtons accompany FM. Is this true? I thought they were separate diseases. This disease is really interfering with my job. I am a first grade teacher which takes all of your energy and your mind to perform properly. I don't seem to have either lately. Last year, the pricipal and the assistant pricipal kept coming into my room and then writing an unsatisfactory evaluation. Neither one belived that I was not well. At least I received a satisfactory at the end of the year. I guess they could not sustantiate their evaluations being for the previous 8 years they were excellent. I am so upset all of the time - I love working with the children and I want to do a great job but it has been getting harder and harder! I'm sorry, I'm rambling on and on when my only intention was to thank you for your replies. I hope to get to know you better - you seem to be a warm, freindly and knowledgeable group of people.
    Thanks to all,
    MaryAnn
  2. annl

annl New Member

for your warm welcome. It really feels good to know that I have friends to talk to about my problems. I was so unsure about the diagnosis made by the doctor the beginning of this week. I have been feeling terrible for the last three years and my GP did not believe it was CFS but through research, I found that I had many symtoms. The main ones were the fatigue all of the time - can't seem to get enough sleep, achiness - come home from work feeling like I have the flu, lightheadedness, short term memory problems, confusion, concentration problems and some pain in my shoulders elbows and wrists. Don't know if I remembered all but these are the main ones. I went to a Rheumatologist/Imunologist listed on the good doctor list because I believed it wwas CFS but she diagnosed me as having FM and was told that many CFS symtons accompany FM. Is this true? I thought they were separate diseases. This disease is really interfering with my job. I am a first grade teacher which takes all of your energy and your mind to perform properly. I don't seem to have either lately. Last year, the pricipal and the assistant pricipal kept coming into my room and then writing an unsatisfactory evaluation. Neither one belived that I was not well. At least I received a satisfactory at the end of the year. I guess they could not sustantiate their evaluations being for the previous 8 years they were excellent. I am so upset all of the time - I love working with the children and I want to do a great job but it has been getting harder and harder! I'm sorry, I'm rambling on and on when my only intention was to thank you for your replies. I hope to get to know you better - you seem to be a warm, freindly and knowledgeable group of people.
    Thanks to all,
    MaryAnn
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you like the board. We also have quite a few eductators on this board that will be able to relate to your job problems too.

Many people that have FM also have CFS too. It seems some of the symptoms cross over with these two. I have some symptoms of CFS, but I only have Fibro. I get the fatigue, but not like those with CFS, I also get that flu like feeling but only once in a while and it does not last as long as I read about those with CFS.

It is hard to diagnose I guess, as they are similar, but yet different. For an example, CFS suffers don't seem to get the muscle spasms and pain that we get, or don't get them as bad.

I sure hope you fine some relief soon, I can read how much you enjoy your job, but that is a challenge, I know I ran a Child Care Center for ten years, and there were times I wonder now how I managed to do it!

Take care, and again welcome to our world!

Shalom, Shirl

4. JCharity

JCharity New Member

but I sure wish it was under different circumstances. We are glad to have you here but are sorry that you have CFS and/or FM. I am fairly new here also, but in the short time I have been here I have really felt welcome. Glad to have you here and hope to see you posting. Hugz and blessings, Jenn