A thought

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lorgirls, May 3, 2003.

1. lorgirls

lorgirls New Member

Hi,
    I often wonder if the inside of our bodies are ageing prematurely. I feel as if Im living in a 80 yr old body and Im 36. To be in so much pain all the time,its just not right. My grandmother is going to be 89 yrs old and she dosnt have as much pain.Today Im in a lot of pain,just about head to toe,so Im a little grumpy. Im is sunny Ca. and is pouring down rain. I am so ready for summer.
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

I soooo hear you in regards to ready for summer (I am in Michigan)!! I am 38 and I too feel as body snatchers took my body and left me in 90 yr.old! We all have those grumpy days due to pain... I occasionally go visit the chit/chat bd. on this sight as it has a lot of funny stuff to read that people have posted. It allows me to realize that this too shall pass and tomorrow is a new day. Wishing you pain relief and peace....love, Rebel
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our world. I am so sorry you have this illness, I got it at 30 years old, and it was a tough row to hoe with three children and on my own at the time.

But I doubt if it ages our insides or outside. Most of us don't even look our age or even ill for that matter. Just take a look at many of us on our profiles, we are not sickly looking people at all.

I also see people who are older than I with so much energy, and very little pain too. It does make us wonder what is in store for us.

But I have had this now for 20 years, I am still here, and nothing else seems to be wrong with me but the usual stuff with the fibro.

It could be worst hon, believe me.

You take care, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Biomarkers are things medical people can look for to tell how old a person's body is as opposed to their chronological age. They look at teeth and gums, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, kidney function, muscle mass, flexibility, grip strength, mental tests, dexterity, reaction time, etc., etc. and compare it to the average for that age group.
    I saw a report on a study of Fibro, that said the average Fibro patient has the biomarkers of someone 33 yrs. older.
    I know when I had my sleep study done back in 1988, I was told I had the sleep pattern of a 95 yr. old, and I was only 37 at the time!
    I try to look at the bright side. I am now 52 yrs. old. If I add 33 yrs. to that I get 85. I am doing da*n good for someone 85 yrs. old, even though I may have more pain than the average 85 yr. old.
    Klutzo

P.S. This is a first...I hardly ever disagree with Shirl. I am so glad, Shirl, that you still look good, but I don't! In fact, I look so much different that people who haven't seen me since I got sick have walked right past me without recognizing me. It is even worse when they do recognize me, because they inevitably gasp out loud and blurt out something like "Oh my God, what happened to you?".
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2003]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our healthy bodies are lying inside of us just waiting to get out. I also feel as though my body is very old, but every once in a while, I get a remission and realize that everything still works. Keep doing the best you can and someday, when we find out what is keeping us sick, your healthy self will be set free.

Love, Mikie
  6. lorgirls

lorgirls New Member

for all your responses. Im still not sure what to think,seems Im always trying to figure more and more out about this DD. Its so hard to remember what it used to be like to wake up and feel good. Today so far has been a little better than yesterday.
    Thanks for the suggestions,I do walk more than I would like. Car has been broke for 7 mo now. Hub has to use the one that works to get to work. I walk my kids to and from school everday. I get at least a mile or so a day in. Some days its really tough.
    You all take care, Lori