A Time To Forgive---And A Time to Get Back To Healing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen2002, Nov 11, 2002.

1. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

First, I want to begin by saying that I count myself very blessed today. It's funny--most of you know I had a hospital visit today, concerning a worrisome problem. Ironic, but that seemed to take a back seat during the course of the day. I realized on the long drive, that it's not the diseases that are thrown our way, that really are important. They have their ups and downs, as a matter of fact, they have a malevolent way of trying to consume us, our energies, and try to overshadow what is really important in this life. Today I learned that it really doesn't matter what shape this body is in. What really matters is the shape that "I" am in, the real me, and how I can encourage others along the way, offering the same support that you all so generously have provided me.
    My heart felt apologies to all here! I really let you guys down. Instead of just letting this situation pass by, I drew all of you, who need care and support, not stress, into this situation. I let my emotions get the best of me, and ended up doing an injustice to the very people who have shown me so much love, compassion, and support. Please forgive me.
    I promise in the future, to think twice before pushing that d#@*& "post this message", button. I am a passionate person, which can be a curse and a blessing. Thank you all for your kind and loving words, during this, and I will strive to only give you my best, from now on.
    Now on to the other good news!!! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! The initial report of a 9 cm. mass in the abdomen, was today, dismissed. The x-ray which suggested this --was disproved. (they are attributing it to shadowing on the xray, or intestinal contents). (Maybe its that dead skunk from the road, I swallowed--ya suppose?)
    This my dear friends, leaves me only the mass on the kidney to contend with. Cat Scan and MRI have confirmed its presence. But "what the hey"---I am down to one! and estactic!
    So let's get on with our business of healing! All is forgiven, all is forgotten!
    Each one of you--thanks! You guys are too cool!
    Karen
  2. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

First, I want to begin by saying that I count myself very blessed today. It's funny--most of you know I had a hospital visit today, concerning a worrisome problem. Ironic, but that seemed to take a back seat during the course of the day. I realized on the long drive, that it's not the diseases that are thrown our way, that really are important. They have their ups and downs, as a matter of fact, they have a malevolent way of trying to consume us, our energies, and try to overshadow what is really important in this life. Today I learned that it really doesn't matter what shape this body is in. What really matters is the shape that "I" am in, the real me, and how I can encourage others along the way, offering the same support that you all so generously have provided me.
    My heart felt apologies to all here! I really let you guys down. Instead of just letting this situation pass by, I drew all of you, who need care and support, not stress, into this situation. I let my emotions get the best of me, and ended up doing an injustice to the very people who have shown me so much love, compassion, and support. Please forgive me.
    I promise in the future, to think twice before pushing that d#@*& "post this message", button. I am a passionate person, which can be a curse and a blessing. Thank you all for your kind and loving words, during this, and I will strive to only give you my best, from now on.
    Now on to the other good news!!! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! The initial report of a 9 cm. mass in the abdomen, was today, dismissed. The x-ray which suggested this --was disproved. (they are attributing it to shadowing on the xray, or intestinal contents). (Maybe its that dead skunk from the road, I swallowed--ya suppose?)
    This my dear friends, leaves me only the mass on the kidney to contend with. Cat Scan and MRI have confirmed its presence. But "what the hey"---I am down to one! and estactic!
    So let's get on with our business of healing! All is forgiven, all is forgotten!
    Each one of you--thanks! You guys are too cool!
    Karen
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

and that's all I have to say about that.

Lisa
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I got outta that bed with one mission in mind...to see how your appointment went! I am SO happy for you!!!! I could spank you for asking for our forgiveness though...it was not necessary. You behaved as we all would've and you did nothing wrong. You should realize now, though, that you have many friends here and we love you!
    NOW, read and advise and we'll continue to support and love you!
    Always a friend,
    Kady
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

you are still here. I don't have a whole lot of time to spend on the board, so I don't know anyone, really, but I've read many of your posts, and I'm happy you are here.
    That's great news about the abdominal "non-mass"; sorry to hear the kidney mass is confirmed. What's the next step?
    {{{hugs}}}
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for letting us know the good news. On "Ally McBeal," they had a saying when no apologies were necessary and everything was in the past and everyone just wanted to move forward. All that was required was to say, "Bygones." One word said a lot.

Bygones.

Love, Mikie
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

Thanks for sharing the good news you got today. Now we'll have to put out prayers to work on the kidney!

Barbara
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...to know that you are still with us, and also very relieved to hear about your good medical news! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the kidney situation is not serious, please keep us posted here.

Have a good, relaxing evening, Karen!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I will keep you in my prayers on your kidney concern, I love what you wrote, you have a great attitude.
    Good luck,
    Jaci
  10. allhart

allhart New Member

im so glad to hear everything with everything about the situations ok i was realy upset last night i felt like i was standing on a wall with dogs on each side there was no way not to get hurt ,im realy sorry about the kidney youll be in my prayers and may all the prayers will make that mass disappear anythings possible!
    hugs kara
  11. lease79

lease79 New Member

hear your appointment went well & that there wasn't a mass there. That is wonderful news!
    ~*Prayers*~ coming your way for the mass on the kidney.
    I was going to send you some ~*Gentle Hugs*~ when I saw that other post yesterday, but I didn't want to single you out. So please except them now :)

Lease
  12. sybil

sybil New Member

i don't pray...
    but my best wishes are for you,good luck,

sybilxxx
  13. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

glad to hear that the x-ray was wrong. I hope the mass on the kidney will turn out to be nothing also. There are many of us who are sending you lots of prayers and i'm a firm believer in prayer.
    Also glad that all has been forgiven. I keep thinking about that old saying..."To err is human; To forgive, Divine"....

May God Bless You.....

LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES
  14. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I am so very glad to hear the good news. One down, and one to go, huh!? I'm very happy for you.

Also, I'm glad you're gonna be here, although it does pose a small problem for me. I carried in the ladder yesterday and cleaned off the fridge! Darn! Now what do I do? Does this mean that you're NOT gonna be selling grapefruits either? =)

Welcome back, babe. =)

Love ya
    Kathy
  15. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

for comming back to us.
    Pat
  16. genevieve

genevieve New Member

about the mass that was n't, let's hope the kidney mass is also of no great concern, and glad you are back,

With love,

Genevieve
  17. achy

achy New Member

May the second one be as easy to deal with as the first!
    My prayers R with U
    Achy
  18. taikat1015

taikat1015 New Member

HI Karen,

This is the first time I've ever responded to any message boards, but as I sit here and read about your medical situation I just had to "jump right in" and send you my prayers and best wishes. The compassion and love being sent to you from all the other members brings is overwhelming! You all treat each other as members of one big family. How comforting to feel the closeness that all of you share-- and can only be shared by those of us who are experiencing the broad spectrum of ups and downs that FMS/CFIDS/MPS bring to our lives.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with FMS/MPS and degenerative disc disease, and it's been an uphill battle ever since. AFter losing my job (and medical benefits), losing my my 20 year old cat, Tai, and then getting out of an emotionally abusive relationship, I can't help but feel blessed that at least I have my family... and most of my sanity. You are all just like one big family. Needless to say, I'm getting more information from all of you and this message board than I could ever get on my own (or from my doctors).

Hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Heather =^..^=

19. s43

s43 New Member

nice to hear some good news.Lets hope theres more to come.Luv Sharon
  20. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I'm glad you're staying with us and thank you for keeping us posted on your condition. You're in my prayers.
    Dave

[ advertisement ]