A tiny little cold can beat me??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Oct 17, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

My son dragged home a little bug that is hardly noticeable. Just minor symptoms, don't even need any cold meds for it. BUT- I am in a BIG FLARE! Is this possible? I cannot find any reason for my flare since I am staying within my limits,and slept about the same as usual (unrefreshing).

Have you been beat into a flare from a little cold like this before? I am soooo weak and achy, and look like a high drug addict in the mirror (LOL!) with tired eyes looking back at me. Gosh! I can barely move, going to the grocery store today was a must (have no help) and it was such a task to even put clothes on myself and walk down those stairs.

Anyone?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Hie Lena,,,,just kidding! It's me again!

Just thought of it,, I am very stressed because of an SSDI appointment with the SSA tomorrow. I had such anxiety with churning going on in my gutt this morning, that might be it?

Well, I will still await your responses.

Hugs!
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You answered your own question!

I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago but it wasn't the little bug as much as it was stress.

S.T.R.E.S.S. = very bad guy

Marta
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Martha- stress is a bad dude! Why does he keep following me?

Anyways, it may be a sweet combination of both, and so I agree with all of you.

It's no fun and no fair! Hold your thumbs for tomorrow, and maybe if I'm lucky I still look like someone who needs to lie down when I'm at the interview at SSA!
  5. Callum

Callum New Member

I can be knocked for a loop when I come in contact with a tiny little bug, even if I don't get the bug myself, because my "hyperactive CFS immune system" jumps up and down yelling "There it is! Get it!!! Get it, before it gets you!!!" Like it was the plague.

The stress can't help - good luck with that!

Callum
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

to tolerate big doses of vitamin C? When I feel a bug coming on, I take 2000 mg. of C and it kicks it out of my system. Just wondering if that would help you.
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

5 weeks ago approx. I had brunch with my son who had a "cold". By supper I had a wicked sore throat. Long story short I was on antibiotics for 10 days. I am still suffering and am now on 2 different puffers. Last week started the worst flare that I have had in a long time. He wanted to admit me to hospital. I am currently on a doubled dose of prednisone. I am still stiff and achey. It is only Oct. Oh joy oh bliss. Hang in there. Hopefully it will get better soon.
    Cath

[ advertisement ]