a *touching* story...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 22, 2009.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I hope this touches you the way it touched me!

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him.

She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."

He answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out 'Good bye, Mom' as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mom."

The little old lady waved and smiled back at him.

Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.

"How come so much? I only bought 5 items."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said
    You'd be paying for her things, too."

Bet you thought this was going to be a tear jerker? Don't trust Little Old Ladies just cuz they're little and old!!!

2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Wanted to share an old lady store that was true, and may bring a smile.

My son treats cancer patients with radiation or cyber knife. Helen had been a patient for about 3 weeks of her treatments and when called from the waiting room would follow him down the hall.

Several years ago the staff changed to wearing scrubs as opposed to lab coats over street clothes.

Following him down the hall she took both hands and grabbed his butt!!!!!!!!!! yep, then she said to him that she had been wanting to do that for weeks and laughed her head off. 82 and he was 32. A moment of lightness during dark treatment days, and one to perk up my son in a very draining career.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Now that WAS truly a "touching" story hahaha!
    What a surprise that must've been!

Well, I guess, what does one have to lose when one ages...
    I think that's why a certain percentage of elderly have a great time,
    they don't necessarily 'care' about what others think anymore.

One of my friends uses this as a signature at the end of her posts:

"Age and treachery will always overcome youth and vigor..."

[This Message was Edited on 10/22/2009]