a vent about normals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovenmyliltoad, Aug 25, 2003.

1. lovenmyliltoad

lovenmyliltoad New Member

I have several online friends who have a baby the same age as Ben and we often chat. One of these friends also has fibro and has been a wonderful help for me. However, the other night, we were chatting and one of them was asking about fibro...it started pretty possitive. My friend who has been diagnosed alot longer than me was explaining things. Then one of the girls asked if fibro causes damage...and it went downhill from there. The girl called me a hypochondriac and told me I should "take some pain pills and go work out". She said she didn't understand why we couldn't do that. And when my fibro friend tried explaining it she (the normal)said we were both whiny babies and that we need to shape up.

I hate people like this. If it were that simple...don't you think I'd do it...I mean really...you think I like being in pain. Some people!
  2. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

have something else going on. Perhaps it makes them feel superior.

Just pass them off as having something stuck in their craw and limit your time with them Or better, yet delete them from your list...you don't need the aggravation.

Love,

Sandra
  3. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

I can really understand your feelings.....

I just posted,,'MY FAMILY DOESN'T UNDERSTAND",,"PLEASE"
    SCROL DOWN TO IT,,, AND READ IT.
    AND ALL OF THE WONDERFULL MEMBERS, WHO HAVE REPLYED TO ME, ABOUT, "NORMAILS, "FAMILY & FRIENDS" WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT HOW WE CAN FEEL, FROM 1 MINUTE, AND THEN THE FATIGUE HITS,,,,,ETC ,,THINGS.

I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO THANK, MiahRoo, IgotYou,&
    acheybrakey,,for the time they spent answering my post, as I am quite sure,they are very sick with this DDD also.

I AM SO GLAD I STUMBLED ONTO THIS GROUP,,,"NO PUN INTENDED"

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,,,VERY MANY CAREING PEOPLE.

IT HELPS ME AND OTHERS FROM FEELING SO ALL ALONE WITH THIS,
    AND THAT ITS NOT ALL IN OR HEADS..!!!!!

MOST NORMALS,,& SOME DOCTORS,( NOT MADWOLF ) CAN ONLY RELATE TO SOMETHING, IF THEY SEE "BLOOD & GUTS"...

MADWOLF IS A BLESSING FOR THIS BOARD.......WE ARE SO VERY LUCKY TO HAVE HIM.

WE ALL HAVE EACH OTHER HERE,TO SHARE, THE GOOD & BAD.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, LADYBUG2

4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Do you really have enough extra energy, or enough precious time left in your life to spend it with someone like that? I can think of many things I would call this person, but "friend" is not one of them!
    Klutzo
  5. kimkane

kimkane New Member

i agree don't waste your time with narrow minded people like that. we must put all our energy into finding the things that work for us. i have gotten rid of some very old friends because all they did was bring me down, i can not afford that, as i think you cannot either. just try to remember what goes around comes around.
    hang in there and god bless kim
  6. ChinnieGirl

ChinnieGirl New Member

People like that make me mad. Some still think it's all in out head since we look okay on the outside. I try and ignore people like that and stay away from them. At least "we" know how we feel. It's the invisible disease so people assume we are okay. Hopefully one day there will be more info available and people will one day realize how much pain we are in.
  7. CarolK

CarolK New Member

DITTO TO ALL OF YOU!! I just posted a "vent" ... read it... titled... "WHY DO WE NEED TO JUSTIFY OURSELVES". It's all about self justification and how we can be free from it! "NO" is an anointed word! Just say NO to all those who refuse to understand.. I feel so free since I have adopted the attitude of giving up self-justification! I don't owe everyone, who refuses to understand, anymore explainations... if they CHOOSE not to get it... well that is their problem! The others are great and I will bend over backwards to help them understand. But life is so much lovelier since I stopped trying to make others understand who really don't want to... they've made up their minds so why should I waste my precious energy to persuade them other wise! CarolK
  8. catsii

catsii New Member

I say I'm going to protect myself from "those" kind of people but still allow myself to be open for hurt feelings it seems over and over ! I agree, we fibro people don't need that! We don't deserve it...but then there I go again letting my guard down.

I know exactly how you feel and had almost exactly same thing happen to me recently. I'm a regular in a particular chat group. I rarely mention the fibro but couple of my friends know of it..ones whom I also visit with outside the chat. The other day one of the regulars was saying she also had fibro and had gone to meetings like a support group with others...and said all those people are crazy..they started talking about tinglings, tremors, going numb..seeing things..etc. Well needless to say I was so insulted and so hurt by this. I hadn't told her I had fms..but one of my friends spoke up and told her I also suffered with it. All I could say back to her,,is yes in case you hadn't noticed, I'm one of the crazy ones too. Needless to say, she apologized but ???

Just try as much as you can to only relate this DD to people you know either care or may understand a bit. Just to protect your hurt feelings. I'm still trying to do that too !

Good Luck,
    Catsii