" A Warrior's Daily Devotional For 12/30 "

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Dec 29, 2003.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

About a glimpse of God…

Exodus 33:19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." 21 Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen." (NIV)

Exodus 34: 29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. (NIV)

For reasons we cannot explain or often understand, we cannot see God with our eyes from where we are. But just because we cannot see God does not mean God does not exist. Just because we cannot see God does not see us. We cannot often see past the worst times of our life, but that does not mean there are no better times ahead. Satan's greatest weapon against us is not the actual event of the hurt and pain we feel. Satan's greatest weapon is getting us to believe there is no God, there is no love, and there is no hope for an end to the suffering life can bring upon us. If we could only get a glimpse of God our faces would beam with joy and our suffering and pain would disappear. If we could only get a glimpse of God we would see the truth that all things of this life and earth are only temporary. If we could only get a glimpse of God we would see there is waiting for us an eternal home where there are no tears, no suffering, and no grief. It is because we cannot always get a glimpse of God with our eyes that God sent Jesus to us. But you can get a glimpse of God any time and any place. To get a glimpse of God, kneel down in humble prayer before Him upon the cross, and see His majesty and power pouring out from His wounds inflicted just for you.