" A Warrior's Daily Prayer For 12/16 "

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Dec 16, 2003.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Most Precious Lord Jesus, Gentle And Wonderful God, Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit,
    Precious Lord Jesus, I love you.
    I praise your name that is above all names.
    I pour out my thanks to you.
    My gratitude is beyond words.
    My heart is about to burst in love for you.
    At Christmastime I begin to remember Christmases of long ago.
    Please forgive me, O Lord, for sometimes I drift off in remembering how things used to be instead of seeing how your are blessing things as they are now.
    Sometimes I think about the way things might have been, or should have been, or could be.
    When I am in this state of nostalgia, I confess I leave you out.
    When I am in this nostalgic mood, I think selfishly only of myself.
    When I am caught up in my selfish nostalgia, my heart is closed off from you.
    So, this Christmas, as I think of Christmases past and I think of Christmases to come, make my heart a receiving heart.
    This Christmas season, help me to believe in you and trust you more.
    Help me to be a mighty person of faith, so when I dream about things, you are the focus of my dreams.
    This Christmas season, if it is your will, open my heart so I can see your angels.
    If it is your will, open my heart so I may see the Magi coming to visit you.
    If it is your will, open my heart so I may see the shepherds outside the manger where you were born.
    This Christmas season, in whatever way you can, help me be open and trusting of your will.
    In whatever way you can, speak to me again and again so I will know you love me.
    All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely. Amen