a way to deal with comments re invisible illnesses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Jun 30, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

On another thread, I mentioned that it would be cool to have a bumper sticker that says, "Not all disabilities are visible," bc so many of us struggle with issues related to this.....in particular with using parking placards and scooters and stuff and getting bad comments and looks.

I thought if we had bumper stickers saying this, then if someone says something, we could just point to them....or to a t-shirt, etc

Anyway, I decided to look for a place to make your own, and found a couple of sites....and I made a bumper sticker.....maybe someday I'll also make a t-shirt (but am too broke rt now).

The one I made is a black bumper sticker with white letters, written in comic font, and the top line says, "Not all disabilities", the bottom line says, "are visible".

I know that we are not supposed to be advertising other sites on here, but since these do not compete with pro health and since I do not work for them and am not making anything by telling people, I thought I would share them on here....bc I know that many of us have the same issues with having unseen illnesses and getting bad comments, etc.

Of course now I cannot remember the names of the sites, so I will have to go check and then add them.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

MAKESTICKERS.COM is for the bumper stickers

zazzle.com is for t-shirts

I am sure there are others out there, too.....I mainly brought it up to give people the idea, not to promote the sites.
  3. frickly

frickly New Member

I was talking to my son's doctor about the difficulties getting treated for CFS. I expressed my irritation about my past doctors not beleiving I had inflammation because it didn't show up on blood tests. His idea was to have a t shirt made that says "I'M INFLAMMED" and wear it each time I go to the doctor.
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

That's a great idea, you guys!

Although if you make that T-shirt, frickly, I hope you spell it right! "I'M INFLAMED"

Forebearance
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Can you switch to your son's dr, or is he a pede's doc? It sounds like he would at least be more understanding than the others you have seen. I like the idea for that shirt, too!
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

glad you like the idea.....hopefully it will help prevent some of the negative comments