A Way to Make a LOT of money if you qualify for this program.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nightngale, Oct 3, 2008.

1. nightngale

nightngale New Member

Check out this site,,,if you have some certain diseases they will pay mega cash for plasma donations. If you meet cerain requirements etc. I stumbled across it while researching a condition my doc is checking on me. I had a major crash last Sunday, again, no energy, flu like feeling, anyway she is looking to see if it is cytomegalovirus, which I tested positive for in 2005. There are dozens of conditions they need people for, just check out the site. If you are up to it, it sounds too good to be true. I have to wait for my blood labs, and find out if I can do it because I am on SSDI. We need the money bad!
    info@accessbiologicals.com is the site. Let me know if you can't reach the site, I have a phone number too.

I did want to add that of course it depends on everyone's condition whether or not they could tolerate this and of course a doctor's approval.....

[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2008]
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

took me to search page. would like to check it out.
  3. nightngale

nightngale New Member

I used to donate Plasma in college for money and it wasn't bad at all....Maybe it depends on how the needle is placed with the iv, sometimes it is more painful than other times because of needle placement. How else is it painful???? I would want to know!!
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Usually, plasma is obtained by pheresis, meaning that they have to start two sizeable IV's one in each arm, blood is extracted, spun in a machine, and then the red blood cells and white blood cells are returned to the person, and they keep the plasma.

I would think that they are attempting to get antibodies for certain diseases, which are carried in the plasma, and one would be the cytomegaly noted by the poster. There could be any number of other things they could be seeking as well.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We should definitely not donate blood because no one knows what causes our illnesses. Some donation orgs. are better than others.

If they are looking for antibodies, when one's titres get too low, they may want to inject one with blood products from other doners. That is, at least, how it works for plasma donated to make RhoGam. Our immune systems are so messed up that it may be playing with fire to rev up our immune systems to make more antibodies.

Love, Mikie
  6. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i think i would be too weak
    to do this or id pass out during
    or after it...
  7. Shalome1990

Shalome1990 New Member

But now with this syndrome/disease whatever they classify Chronic Fatigue/Fibro as, they can't even hardly find a vein on me anymore. And this is something I can pinpoint...I used to go to donate blood, and they loved me because I had huge veins, now I go and I cringe because they can't find a vein or my blood comes out tooo slowly or it clumps, so they can't even test it. Does anyone else have that problem?
  8. becc

becc New Member

Yes, I have the same problem. I have terrible veins - they're tiny and they collapse as soon as the needle goes in. It always takes at least an hour to find a vein, usually longer - often, they won't even try and send me to the main clinic at the hospital for blood tests.

I have one 'good' vein - in my wrist. Most nurses won't touch it until they've spent an hour or more trying other veins because it's so painful. Occasionally, I'm able to convince them that I'd rather a little pain/bruising than being prodded with 10 or more needles in veins I know are useless.
    When that vein doesn't work, they take blood from the top of my foot - extremely painful! I'll always remember the look on one nurse's face when she walked past the room I was in, with 3 nurses standing around while another took blood from my foot - her jaw dropped and she said people are usually at death's door before they have to do that.

On the few occasions my health has improved, it's been much easier to find a vein - when my health is very bad, there's little point even trying.
  9. spacee

spacee Member

I just tested positive for an autoimmune disease (sjogren's)

There are 78 locations in the US and they pay cash $500 plus mileage at the end of the procedure and you can do it up once a week.

Since it is cash...there is no involvement with the IRS...no 1099 sent to the IRS at the end of the year. Of that is the way I understand it ...will check on that!

I have had this done. I felt weak and woozy that night..very weak and woozy. Probably needed to drink more during the day.

They did ask if you had ever been told to not donate blood and I said "yes".

Will keep you informed!

10. irox

irox New Member

I called the Sjorgen Foundation about a month ago and received some info in the mail from them. I wake in the middle of the night with a tongue dry and rough like sand paper. I woke my BF in the middle of the night to feel my tongue. LOL But thats how he described it. I am afraid to talk to my Doctor about Sjorgens. She does really well in treating me for my Fibro. So did you do a saliva test? I been thinking of asking my Dentist if he could test me. Any other way of testing?
  11. spacee

spacee Member

You really, really need to be under a doctor's care with this.
    There is a blood test called ANA that can test for sjogren's. And then there is an antinucleor antibodies-reflex panel that lists about 5 autoimune diseases. One of them is sjogren's and you would test positive for that if you have it.

All doctor's should know about this test. At the worst, if she doesn't feel comfortable treating you, she would refer you to a rheumatologist. There are new drugs to treat this disease so you need find out about them. You do not want this to go to a vital organ.

We must take care of ourselves.....

[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  12. irox

irox New Member

Thanks, I'll get tested. I am going to call my doc and make an appt. Thanks so much for the testing info. I'll print this out and take it with me. My doc know about the dry tongue, but I never mentioned Sjorgrens, But I will! thanks
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  14. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm going to try it too. It really sounds promising! And it's being used for research, everyone wins in this situation. I hope others have good luck with this too. Please report back to us with any news.