A Wee Joke

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Feb 10, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Was reading our local church bulletin this morning & came across this fun story titled "a wee joke".
    It gave me a laugh & brightened up my Sunday morning.Hope your all having a fine Sunday morning.The cold snap we had in the past week seems to be over & we're now basking in the tropical temps of 8C(46F),lol.

A Wee Joke:

A young man was walking through a supermarket to pick up a few things when he noticed an old lady following him around.Thinking nothing of it,he ignored her & continued on.Finally he went to the checkout line,but the old lady got in on front of him.
    "Pardon me",she said,"I'm sorry if my staring made you uncomfortable.It's just you look like my son,who just died recently."
    "I'm very sorry," replied the young man,"is there anything I can do for you?"
    "Yes,"she said,"As I'm leaving,can you say 'Goodbye Mother'?It would make me feel much better."
    "Sure",answered the young man.As the old woman was leaving,he called out,"Goodbye Mother!" & as he stepped up to the checkout counter,he saw that his total was £127.50.
    "How can that be?" he asked,"I only purchased a few things!"
    "Your Mother said that you would pay for her," said the clerk.

I s'pose the moral of the story is;"never trust a stranger".
    It gave me a smile anyway,lol.
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Is that wisdom, triumphing youth??

Good one!!

My father, who is a strong believer in hard work, says that as he gets older, he doesn't worker harder, he works smarter![This Message was Edited on 02/11/2007]
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Like that one "wisdom triumphing youth",& your dad is so true,no need to work harder,just smarter,sounds like a smart cookie.Hmmm,I think I'll need to heed that advice,lol.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of church bulletin jokes to be found on the net.

For example, Next Sunday Pastor Goodknight will preach his farewell sermon. The Choir will sing "Thanks Be to God".

Miss Signe Ewalt sang "I Will Not Pass This Way Again" giving much delight to the congregation.

If any of you have children and don't know it, we have started a nursery school in the basement.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2007]
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

According to many.The best thing a priest can say is "Go!!The mass has ended."
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Pastor gets up to preach the sermon. His wife says KISS honey. The congregation thinks that is sweet her saying KISS.