A week of excruciating pain!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SAS, Oct 13, 2002.

1. SAS

SAS New Member

Hello all,

On Monday, last, I went to see my pcp. with wicked back pain. Couldn't sit or lie down without pain. He gave me demerol and muscle relaxants. Well, it's a week later, and I am still in agony. I have been icing my back. My neck is painful and it has travelled to my rib cage on the left side. I am going back to the pcp on Tuesday evening, but I can't believe it is no better at all.

I have seen some posts about MS and am concerned. I haven't been tested. Been knocking things over and bumping into things this week, but it could be the meds. I am now off the demerol (ran out), but got the muscle relaxants renewed.

Should I call my rheumy or just continue with the primary care doc? I am a bit scared. Thanks.

Shirley
  2. SAS

SAS New Member

Hello all,

On Monday, last, I went to see my pcp. with wicked back pain. Couldn't sit or lie down without pain. He gave me demerol and muscle relaxants. Well, it's a week later, and I am still in agony. I have been icing my back. My neck is painful and it has travelled to my rib cage on the left side. I am going back to the pcp on Tuesday evening, but I can't believe it is no better at all.

I have seen some posts about MS and am concerned. I haven't been tested. Been knocking things over and bumping into things this week, but it could be the meds. I am now off the demerol (ran out), but got the muscle relaxants renewed.

Should I call my rheumy or just continue with the primary care doc? I am a bit scared. Thanks.

Shirley
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

hugs you poor thing id go back to the pcp and go to the rhuem ,im being retested for ms agin because of the fact i walk like i drank a case of beer but everythings been coming back fine ,but if your worried ask your dr for a mri of your head and neck, for ms and your back to to see about the pain i realy hope you get relife soon
    youll be in my prayers
    kara