A woman w/FM cursed me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Mar 14, 2007.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I went with my BF to his tire store about 7 last nite. He closes at 6 and works 10 to 12 hours a day even though he is diabetic and has heart disease. He was inside getting some papers that he needed. A 30 something woman drove up and wanted her tire fixed. I told her that we close at 6 and to come back in the morning. She proceded to yell at me and said she had fibromyalgia and was in constant pain. I was a bit dumbfounded at first. But I told her I'd go get the owner. I put my face mask on and got out of the truck. She looked at me like I was crazy. I told her that I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and her perfume could cause me to have seizures. She started ranting and raving again and said there's no such thing as MCS and even if there was that it couldn't possibly be as bad as fibromyalgia. Then my BF came out and told her to come back at 8 in the morning. She got in her car and slammed the door and left. Thank God I don't have to work and be around people like that any longer.
  2. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

MCS isn't even something you can deny! There is no doubt about it's existence asfar as I'm concerned. How can you tell someone that they are not sensitive to multiple chemicals if they get a reaction caused by any number of chemicals (provided it is more than one)?
    So many things give me headaches (That's just one of many symptoms) I always know exactly what caused it and consider myself to be 'sensitive' to that particular chemical (of which there are many). How can that type of thing be up for debate?
    Weirdness. I hate to see people trying to compete the worst suffering. It's one thing to be recognized and acknowledged, but if I'm going to be record breaking, I'd rather it be for something positive!
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I just stay home when I am really that irritable from pain from my FMS, MCS, vertigo, bad eyes, migraines, sleep apnea and all the side effects from all the meds just so I don't make an A** out of my sick self. I wonder what she was doing out running around if she is in sooooooooo much pain? It is people like her that makes it hard for the rest of us. Sorry you and your BF had to go through that. SOunds like she needs some anger management. I got one sadder actually than that ... the Neuro I went to had me choking from his cologne and I said nicely ... no offense but your cologne is making me cough ... I am chemical sensitive and he said he had never heard of such a thing. Oh my!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2007]
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thankfully I have FMS and don't have MCS. I can burn scented candles and use parfum and spray air fresheners with no problem. Some of the cleaning products my husband uses I can smell and they bother me, but don't cause any problems.

I even went off aspartame and never had any problems so went back on it, because I have diabetes. I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Take care,
    ilovecats
  5. galileo

galileo New Member

We get MCS. so just pretend you are Michael Jackson wearing his little mask, and stop worrying about what other people think or say. If I did that, then I would be crazy. The best thing you can do is to view her an unsympathetic and NOT get angry about it, but feel sorry for her that she is the way she is. Serge