A wonderful & positive message

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaynesez, Oct 2, 2009.

1. jaynesez

jaynesez New Member

A nice ederly lady just sent me an email, and the message it contained is one that I belive will help those of us with chronic illnesses, it certainly touched me, and I've never doubted that somewhere in this mess that is now my health & life, there is a reason, perhaps a lesson to be learned.

When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
    Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

There comes a point in your life when you realize:

Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.
    So, don't worry about people from your past,
    there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Though I am non believer, I loved the meaning of the post and will pass it on. What words of wisdom!!!

3. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I have on numerous times told friends I now understand what God's grace really means.

Before they were just words, but now I see their meaning.

I liked the second part, too. People come into our lives for a purpose. Some stay awhile, where some people's purpose may be for something small or short in time.

I will take it to another step. Everything is changing, always, whether we see it or not, it is always moving. Whenever, I start to get stressed about something, I think will this really matter a week from now, a month, a year. Almost always, the answer is no. I have mellowed with this disease.
  4. jole

jole Member

This is beautiful...and sooo true! He has a plan, and although we don't always see it, it's there. I agree too that some people are sent into our lives as "helpers" and others as "hinderers". We can learn from the helpers and let go of the ones that hinder our growth.

Hopefully, through this we can then become helpers to others, stay as long as needed, then move on to help someone else. Sort of the circle of life. Thank God for all the helpers (I call them my angels) sent to guide me along life's way......Jole
  5. jaynesez

jaynesez New Member

always an extrovert, the life of the party, etc. (the loudmouth up on the table making jokes) but now I guess the other half of my life I'm spending as an introvert; ppl miss the old me, and commented on it when I was still able to go visit, but now I spend most of my time alone, at home (have a husband & son, but they do their own thing mostly) so I have come to the realization that this has happened for some reason beyond my understanding. Time for me to slow down, turn inwards to reflect. Sounds flaky, but it's true. Even if you don't believe in God there is a message here, if we are just willing to receive it and stop fighting, because change IS constant, and necessary. I type this while sitting here in pain, exhausted, but I still have hope, and that is enough for now. People come into our lives for a reason, even the annoying ones, as the other posts have said. Honestly, could you truly empathize with those who are ill or in terrible pain before it happened to you? Anyways, at least we are all more understanding and sympathetic to others!
    Okay, done blabbing on! Hoping everyone a pain free day!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2009]