A word of thanks from Martin

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by karenanne, May 10, 2002.

1. karenanne

karenanne New Member

Well, the rumours are right! Karen is a great deal better than she was a few days ago. She's feeling her way back into everything, including posting and emailing, but there's been some very good signs. She worked in the garden,felt exhausted, had a rest and went back out again.

When Chris put that post on, and everyone responded so supportively, she was as as bad as I've ever seen her, and I really didn't know where to turn. We spent three or four days doing virtually nothing, cancelling everything and trying to work through whatever it was. From my point of view, the worst thing was that she'd lost faith in me, that I couldn't reach her or comfort her. I felt so selfish, as if I was seeing her pain as something inconvenient for me, and I became very reactive.

Through all that, the awfulness of what was happening to Karen and to our relationship, every now and then I would catch something someone had written, or glance quickly at an email. Always it was like a brave light flickering in the darkness. I can't pretend I carefully read everything, and I'm absolutely sure I haven't answered loads of things I should have. But please everyone, be assured that you made a difference to me amd to us.

There's still a long road ahead of Karen, and I fear there will be many checks and trials along it, but we're through this particular one, and your words played no small part in that. We both thank you all from our deepest hearts.