A word of thanks!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Fullohope, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Fullohope

Fullohope New Member

I'm so grateful to see the faith and courage of others here. So many are encouragers, I pray that the Holy Spirit continues to minister encouragement to you as well. "Some trust in Doctors, some trust in supplements, but we will remember the Name of the Lord our God!" (paraphrase mine ;)
    I appreciate those of you who personally welcomed me. I could tell who the believers were even before I found this worship forum. God bless each of you.
    andie
  2. willow

willow New Member

Sorry, I must have missed your first posts but would like to WELCOME you anyway!

This is a horrible illness, but through this board, I have 'met' some really great people that most likely would have never crossed paths with, since they are all over the world! I have never traveled much, but I love to learn about other cultures and other countries!

In case you haven't heard, we (those that choose to) meet here on Thursday nights for a 'Collective Prayer' for all those who have posted requests throughout the week! You can post a request or pray for others' at any time God lays it on your heart, But we pray together on Thursdays if you or anyone else would like to join in just jump right in!
    The times are 8pm for the Pacific time, and 11pm for the Eastern time zone. I am not familiar with other countries, but someone else figured it out once.

We would love to have you join, all denominations are welcome.
    Love and Prayers, Willow
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Andie, glad to see you found our Worship board.

The more prayer Warriors we have, the more we take heaven by storm, and we know that is pleasing to the Lord.

I believe all thinking Christian's realize that the meds do help, but the Lord supplies them for us. So I always think that taking my natural supplements are closer to God's medicine! Just my thoughts on this.

I always have a problem when we are told that 'milk' is bad for us, as the Lord Himself told the Israelites 'I will give you a land flowing with milk and honey'! Of course I know some people are allergic to milk, but it does make me think.

I sent you an email last night, had the address wrong, so I resent it today, hopefully I got it right this time!

Again, welcome to the Worship board!

God Bless,

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I must thank Shirl for giving me "food for thought" concerning the land flowing w/milk and honey. The Old Testament is my forte and I have a quick answer but choose to re-research this passage....which is used in different ways throughout scripture.

A dear saint that just crossed a couple of weeks ago used to teach the adult gospel class. He was a fantastic teacher; he had MS and was worsening and one day he announced to us that he loved teaching even more now because he gets to relearn the gospel truths all over again. I'm not in his shape but I know there is more to learn than a life can consume.....thanks Shirl!

And welcome fullofhope. Lil'
  5. Fullohope

Fullohope New Member

Yes, I got your e-mail. I will reply!
    I don't have a problem with milk either, if it is fresh and creamy from the cow and not over-pasturized (dead), or even soy milk! That works for me. The land flowing with milk and honey sounds so yummy, especially if there is a nice pot of "Earl Grey" tea, decaf of course! Interesting that both milk and honey are life giving---milk for babes and honey with all it's good properties! Like Lil said, "food for thought"!
    andie