AA Meeting Went Well

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Sep 24, 2005.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I am overwhelmed by the outpourng of love in AA. Now I take by meds as precribed and have the doctor on a contract.
    Today went well. I got the phone number of four of the girls and they said to call them anytime just to talk or in an emergency. They told me that if I wasn't an alcohoic i wouldn't have wasted all that time drinking --I would have at least told my doctor and I kept it secret, as so many women do. Yes, I have Fibromaygalgia and CFS and you all put me on the right path. Although I can't say what goes on in the meeting (against bylaws): I can say that now my dotor can trust me, the girls in the rooms can trust me and to the nth degree: I trust myslef.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

That's just great!!!!

I am glad that the meetings are going well, and that you are meeting friends! I knew you would meet friends!

I am so excited for you that everything is working out so well.

(((Hugs)))
    Janet
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm happy for you :)
    (((BIG HUG)))))))
    Dee50
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

we are O.K. but it's so good that you have people you can talk too.
  5. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

I'm so glad you took everyone's advice and took the first step of going to a meeting, that takes guts, with a capital G and I'm very proud of you even though I don't know you.

My father was and alcholic and he would never go, thought everyone would talk about him and that he never really had a problem, he was a coward. He would rather see his family destroyed than take that first step.

Congratulations!!!!!

Love,

gail
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

I am so happy for you. You have come such a long way in such a short amount of time.

I hope you now see what a strong and capable person you are. You may have received some support, but you did all the hard work on your own...

Keep up the great work. I think things will continue to get better and better for you.

You're in my thoughts. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Take care,

Elsa
  7. ckk

ckk New Member

YOU SHOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOURSELF! i hope you are because you took such a brave step and followed thru with it. good for you and i am proud of you. so glad you are keeping us updated. take care of yourself and remember one day at a time.
    ckk
  8. JerseySue

JerseySue New Member

You go girl!!! I am very happy for you, and you should be proud of yourself. Take it one day at a time. God Bless you and stay strong. We are here for you.
    Gentle Hugs Sue
  9. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

I am so pleased everything is going well for you. And you should be very proud of yourself.

(((((hugs)))))
    brit
  10. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

Isn't AA great!!!!
    I've been going for a year and a half and I've changed so much. (for the better!)
    Being around others that understand what you are going through is amazing. No matter what problem you have, someone in that room will most likely have been through it or at the least know someone who has.
    I've found it hard to realize some things about myself that I don't like, but I also learn from them and work harder on changing myself.
    I'm alot better wife, mother, friend and person now and I hope I never go back to being the person I was. One day at a time I am making my life better.
    I'm so happy for you and the life you have ahead of you.
    Take care and good luck, cindy

11. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am so glad that this is working for you. I think that your a very Smart person to seek help, before everything, got really out of hand.
    I hope that this will help you also with these condition's, reducing Stress, and Anxiety, helps to lessen my Pain load, so I hope that works for you also.

Plus it's nice to have someone to talk to, and now you have 4 Gals that you can look to for Support, as well as all of Us here, ;o)

I don't always reply, but I have been reading your Post's and the postive action your taking is very Encouraging to others too.
    Hug's,
    sharonk
  12. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

im glad its going well,and you are ok with your meds now.
    take care,smiffy
  13. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I am so proud of you !
  14. jole

jole Member

I don't know your story, but I do know the strength it takes to face a major problem like this. My brother just went through treatment, and he is now my hero! I watch him struggle daily and know he is pretty much in hell right now, but he is working hard at getting his life back.

Anyone who does this has my deepest respect, so you keep on going, a day at a time, and I'm betting on you to succeed! You are so wonderful!!

Friends ~
    Jole
  15. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

You need to reach around and give yourself a good pat on the shoulder for what you have succeded in already. That was a huge step but every change we make take one step at a time. And I'm so happy that you have people to talk to about your struggles.
  16. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You are AWESOME! Truly!

I come from an alcholic background and admire how you readily admitted to a problem and took immediate action.

You have my respect.

Gentle Hugs,

Kim

17. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

You all suggested it and I was on shaky ground calling the doctor to tell him and admit what I was doing. He said all I had to do was call him. But--no, I went down the wrong road 'not the bother him' was my excuse.

A case of beer a night---isn't that something. With Vicodin.

The shame is leaving and I want to thank you for coming to my First Aid. It probably would have never happened this way if it hadn't been from all of you.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  18. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Good job! My mother started AA when I was 14 and I'm convinced it saved her life and saved our family. Keep it up!
  19. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

Happy upcoming 4 years! I'll have 4 in December!
    But for you, NyroFan, and those of you who are newer, it's STILL always one day at a time. I have friends with 25+ years and they still live by this philosophy but that's the whole point - they [and you and I] are LIVING - having a life that's not numbed by and focused on alcohol any more. [as much as we can with our various ailments anyway!]
    And I take narcotic pain meds, too. They give me the ability to function and deal with the Fibro and neuropathy and all the other symptoms. I have enough 'Fibro Fog' without adding alcohol fog to that!
    And I really agree with Stephen Hawking - anything that takes away your power and renders your life unmanageble can be helped with the basics of a 12-step program.

Char