Aargh,doctors!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I hope youre warm & that youre fibro is someway bearable today.
    I saw my doc this morning & told him i had a really bad flare up yday & have had fibro 6yrs now & flare ups still so hard to cope with.
    He gave me co-dydramol for pain,havent had them before so heres hoping they help.
    Ive applied to move to Preston to be nearer my best friend,shes always there for me & understands how i feel as i do her,she has identical symptoms to me & has arthritis aswell,bless her.
    My doc filled housing form in & put that i suffer from multiple joint pain(can you believe him?).
    Hes still refusing to accept its fibro even though he knows all my symptoms & my medical history.
    I hope i can get a flat asap ive got my docs backing so that wil help & then my life will be bit easier.
    Il be near my friend & nearer the shops which will be great,as i can get help with transport if i live in the town centre & can get picked up to go to supermarket & brought back.
    I cried when i came out of the docs because of his ignorance,im in local library now using computer.
    This week i filled in a housing form for a flat in bolton where my male best friend lives,but now i dont know if thats where i want to be.
    He decribed me as an ogre who goes all weird on him last night & whilst hes a good support its hard for me to know thats how he thinks of me.
    I told him he wants to try being me then matbe hed be more understanding he really has no idea & ive often told him how bad fibro is & he took me to hospital once & stayed with me & my daughter.
    I cant be around someone who describes me like that as it really hurts & makes me want to stay in & not be around him.
    Does anyone know how i feel & have you had similar experiences?
    Lots of very gentle snuggles sharon d (UK).

2. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I hope youre warm & that youre fibro is someway bearable today.
    I saw my doc this morning & told him i had a really bad flare up yday & have had fibro 6yrs now & flare ups still so hard to cope with.
    He gave me co-dydramol for pain,havent had them before so heres hoping they help.
    Ive applied to move to Preston to be nearer my best friend,shes always there for me & understands how i feel as i do her,she has identical symptoms to me & has arthritis aswell,bless her.
    My doc filled housing form in & put that i suffer from multiple joint pain(can you believe him?).
    Hes still refusing to accept its fibro even though he knows all my symptoms & my medical history.
    I hope i can get a flat asap ive got my docs backing so that wil help & then my life will be bit easier.
    Il be near my friend & nearer the shops which will be great,as i can get help with transport if i live in the town centre & can get picked up to go to supermarket & brought back.
    I cried when i came out of the docs because of his ignorance,im in local library now using computer.
    This week i filled in a housing form for a flat in bolton where my male best friend lives,but now i dont know if thats where i want to be.
    He decribed me as an ogre who goes all weird on him last night & whilst hes a good support its hard for me to know thats how he thinks of me.
    I told him he wants to try being me then matbe hed be more understanding he really has no idea & ive often told him how bad fibro is & he took me to hospital once & stayed with me & my daughter.
    I cant be around someone who describes me like that as it really hurts & makes me want to stay in & not be around him.
    Does anyone know how i feel & have you had similar experiences?
    Lots of very gentle snuggles sharon d (UK).

3. Starla

Starla New Member

Hello, It is 3:00 in the morning here and I see you just posted your topic. thought I would say hello, and I know the feelings you are going through. You know what they say about Doctors, their profession is practicing medicine. Unfortunately, that is all some of them do is "practice" or experiment with medicine. Some really have no sympathetic feelings or compassion for the patient as a fellow human being, but rather looked at as the subject of their experiment. They hate to make a diagnosis per say, because they are just protecting themselves from the possibility of a misdiagnosis. With FM there are so many overlapping illnesses and similar ilnesses with the same symptoms. It really hurts when we are taken lightly, or think they feel we are just complainers, hypochondriacs, whiners, overemotional, etc. ---- I read your bio, you have a toddler too. I am raising my grand-daughter, she just turned 3. And she is a wild one. It is such a challenge. I feel bad because I have to tell her i can't pick her up sometimes and when she is in my lap and climbing on me it hurts. She is very understanding. So sweet. How do you manage with your baby? Sounds like you live alone. -- Your male friend, well, it is hard for men to be supportive and understanding 100% of the time. Is he kind to you mostly? I know my husband is 90% kind and understanding, and there are some days, when he is having a bad day too, I guess it is just too much sometimes, and he will pop off with a remark that hurts. But, bless his heart, I'm sure he would love to just have a healthy, happy, normal wife. This DD really gets in the way sometimes. I hope you get to move to a place that you like and you are comfortable there. Good luck to you.
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi starla,
    Its good to hear from you hope youre having as little pain as its possible to have.
    Its so good to know someone else understands how i feel thanks for you support.
    I know no ones perfect & my friend is a good guy & yes most of the time hes great,just the odd comment now & then.
    He loves me to bits & me him but we cant be anymore than just friends because of me & fibro,
    He knows all about me & my traumatic past & understands which is great,but i feel like hes to close at times.
    Do you know what i mean?
    He said i go weird on him & im like an ogre sometimes,its true but i cant help it & i feel guilty but i cant do anything about it.
    I like to be on my own because i understand how i feel & i can rest,snuggle up with a blanket & hotwater bottle,etc.
    He likes to do things for me but im very independant,i suppose i should just accept it but its hard.
    I tell him its good of him but to let me do things for myself as i want to stay as independant as i can.
    Thanks for being so understanding starla,just read your bio & i also want email penpals,my adress is sharondawber@hotmail.com.
    My daughter is nearly 9yrs old now but was nearly 2 when i bacame really ill with fibro.
    It was soo hard because she wanted to sit on my knee & be cuddled & the pain was too bad to let her.
    So i used to sit on the sofa & shed sit at my side & wed cuddle with our arms round each other,try it it works.
    Welcome to my fibro family & i lok forward to getting to know you.
    Take care & lots of very gentle hugs sharon d(UK)