Abbreviations help please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bubblesgirl, Oct 15, 2005.

1. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Help, as a new girl on the block,I am avidly reading as much as I can and am amazed at the amount of knowledge and understanding that many of you have regarding the symptoms and medication linked to Fibro and related conditions.
    It reminds me of my first few weeks as a new girl at work and listening to the in house jargon that made no sense to me at all.
    I am feeling the same on the site.

Can anyone tell me how I can learn to understand the symptom jargon. Are you picking up the info from a book , medical journals etc?

I feel like the new girl on the playground who wants to join the older kids but can't because she isn't in on the insider speak!!

Sandy
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I have one. Can someone tell me what the FFC is?

Tigger
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

Sandy...boy you are reading my mind..I have a couple ??
    Where is the FFC? What does BUMP, and LOL mean?

I will look at the web site mentioned above for others especially because I write too much and need shortcuts.

THANKS! PIRT
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

There are Fibro and Fatigue Centers all over the USA. Someone posted where they were at one time. I guess you could Google that to get a list?

OT means off topic of FMS and CFS.

IMHO means in my humble opinion.

Hope that helps you all some. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You can search'abbreviations' in the top left corner and you will find an excellent list.

Kathy.
  6. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Kathy,

I don't see the "abbreviations" place I am suppose to click on in the screen I'm in.

I am in Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia message boards.

Please help and remember my FM Fog is bad and I'm not thinking to clearly so you may have to explain in detail.

Thanks....Grandma6
  7. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I went under username and typed in Memorylane and I couldn't believe all the abbreviations. I printed it off and will keep it handy.

Thank You........Grandma6
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Grandma6
    You can search anything; just type in the word(s) you want and click on go. Check to see if it is Title or Username or Date you want.

Have Fun

Kathy.
  9. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

way. I'm glad you brought it up. I'm new to the board too. I take a really long time to type a message, because I think everything has to be spelled correctly, commas in the right place, etc. I'm a teacher so it's hard to write w/o worrying about whether it's proper or not (most of the time not). I kind of make up some of my own abbreviations (w/o). Maybe no one understands me. Wouldn't be the first time--I just blame it on fibro fog! Thanks again. Kat
  10. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Thank you.
    Tigger
  11. orachel

orachel New Member

I was in exactly the same postion a few weeks ago. And yes...there are a million and one abbreviations we use~!

Good news is that someone posted ALL of them in one snazzy list. I saved it to my desktop, but I'm on my hubbys laptop right now.

If you page me (((orachel))) to the board tomorrow, I'll grab it off the desktop and past into a new post for you.

Its pretty much essential info to get thru much of the reading to empower yourself, and we do use a ton of it on here. Great place to start is with anything written by Devin Starlanyl...she's an MD, who is also a fmer.....I highly suggest anything written by her!

But I'll be glad to post that list for you tomorrow if you post me....it'll remind me, as my memory is a bit foggy these days!

Welcome to the board! Hope you encounter as much support and friendship and informatiion here as I did!

Hugs to you...and don't worry...you'll be ready to play with the older kids tomorrow! LOL

Rachel
  12. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Thanks to everyone who replied to this query. I am sorry not to have replied sooner but life has been very difficult in the last week.

I will read all the replies thoroughly and then try and follow the instructions!!

Glad to know I am not on my own..

Thanks to one and all for helping me up the graduation ladder to full adulthood!!! LOL

Hugs to all

Sandy