Abdominal pain ALWAYS when lying down.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sleepyinlalaland, Dec 13, 2005.

1. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

OK, not exactly PAIN, but an uncomfortable "yawning" feeling in my stomach (abdominal area). Almost like hunger pain, but believe me I'm not hungry!

Ever since I was a kid I had to cram a pillow to my side, or pile one on top of belly if I slept on my back. Most comfortable was sleeping on stomach but can't maintain that position very long. This weird "empty" feeling has gotten worse in the dottage of my 50's. The other night I came up with a theory. ALL the muscles in my body are very tight and toned...except for abs (life is so creul). Maybe this area where I have little muscle tone feels too "loose" by comparison.

I would settle for that theory (and commence sit-ups), but my father has a similar and even more severe issue. He is 85 and more fit than I; he actually DOES 100 sit-ups per day. He has night-time stomach PAIN and has all his life also. He has to get up and walk around a few times a night until it settles. When we were growing up Dad was told he had ulcers and he attempted to control condition with diet (this was before ABX treatment). The ulcer theory has been disproven by doctors since then, but he still has the pain...and ONLY at night like myself.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It has always vexed me, and after an especially uncomfortable night, thought I'd throw it out there.
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

bumping for others
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Can't offer any help on the stomach pain.

I can sleep on my stomach comfortably if I put a pillow under my pelvis. I use a fairly thick roll or 'dog bone' shaped pillow. I think they are actually intended for putting behind your neck when you are sitting up.