Abdominal Pain, how common in FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, May 9, 2009.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Does anyone here on this board experience abdominal pain as one of the symptoms of FM?

Abdominal pain along with deep pain in both hips, low back and even sometimes my thighs. Although I do have to say that a few years ago, I had a very bad vaginal yeast infection, and ever since then, my abdominal pain has been much worse.

I have had an abdominal cat scan and also a pelvic ultrasound which didn't reveal much of anything except a functional cyst on my ovary which comes and goes.

I do also have lumbar/spine pain which an MRI did reveal bulging disks, but I'm not sure if that would be causing this pain, or if it's just another fibro thing I have to deal with.

My doctor did give me Nystatin which is an anti-fungal because she thought I might have something called Leaky Gut (not sure what that is, I should have asked more questions), but that only helped for a short period of time. Wondering also if this could be a yeast problem that might have become worse over time. Hugs, Chelz.
  2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Have you ever been tested for Celiac disease? I had all the symptoms you listed and they have disappeared since I've stopped eating gluten. I wouldn't ignore the abdominal pain. Although many believe it is a symptom of FM, I do not and my digestive issues were what made me keep searching for a different answer when I was told I had FM. I now know I never had FM to begin with, it was Celiac disease all along.