Abdominal Pain/Uncompfortable NEW TO ME. ANYONE ELSE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DRSter, Dec 29, 2006.

1. DRSter

DRSter New Member

Hi everyone,

Is the season for everyone to flare up.

I have had quite a few strange "problems" unexplainable by anyone or anything over the past 2-3 years now. But for the past 3 months I've had strange stomach discompfort, and sometimes pain, that does'nt seem to be directly linked to anything I eat or drink. The discompfort seems to be mainly in the upper part of my stomach although sometimes it migrates lower occasionally. Laying down seems to help most of the time, but not all. My mid-back seems to ache quite a bit as well. Sounds kinda vaigue like most explanations I have to give people.

Anyone else experienced this sort of thing, possibly heard it from someone else here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    THANK YOU
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

The only stomach things I can think of are indigestion or ulcers. Are you sure it isn't your pancreas? Your stomach is a little to the left of center and your pancreas is right next to it, just right of center. Your pancreas is closer to the center than your stomach.

Can you narrow it down, now?

karen
  3. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

Hi,

I get those often. Usually, though, it's preceeds a bowel movement. So i put the two together. Starts off cramping hihg then moves down and typically next thing is potty time. I think this mmay be a symptom of irritable bowel.

Erica
  4. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

I used to get the same symptoms and it turned out to be my gallbladder. The pain was up high in the stomach area, sometimes felt like indigestion and the backache was bad. I had these symptoms for around 2 or 3 years also and then one day I woke up during the night with the pain in the stomach and back unbearable. My gallbladder had become infected and I had to have it removed asap. Hope this helps and whatever it is with you I hope it is nothing serious. God Bless, Bob
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Said it so well, it really sounds like your gallbladder. Sounds like you could actually be passing a small gallstone.

Bob, where are you located? I'm in Stuttgart...

Hugs,

Nancy B