Abdominal pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Sep 28, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

I don't know if I keep pulling a muscle or if its just gas...
    I get an aching muscle type pain below the bellybutton & across the abdomen between the hip bones. If I lay down it goes away. If I am sitting and stand up It hurts (kinda
    pulls) and feels like my insides are going to fall out!
    When I walk it hurts when I take a step, I feel like I want to hold my abdomen.
    Anybody have anything similar? I know, go to the Gyne, but I can't afford anymore medical crap at the moment. Very sick with a cold/virus & chron sinusitis I can't get rid of.
    I've been getting it for a while, always goes away after a day or so. Maybe strained something with a sneeze of something?
    Thanks for the info
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

I don't know if I keep pulling a muscle or if its just gas...
    I get an aching muscle type pain below the bellybutton & across the abdomen between the hip bones. If I lay down it goes away. If I am sitting and stand up It hurts (kinda
    pulls) and feels like my insides are going to fall out!
    When I walk it hurts when I take a step, I feel like I want to hold my abdomen.
    Anybody have anything similar? I know, go to the Gyne, but I can't afford anymore medical crap at the moment. Very sick with a cold/virus & chron sinusitis I can't get rid of.
    I've been getting it for a while, always goes away after a day or so. Maybe strained something with a sneeze of something?
    Thanks for the info
    Achy
  3. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I do experience some amount of stomach pain or discomfort very often. It will be from a mild uncomfortable feeling at times to a really bad cramping. Could be Irritable Bowel Syndome as I have read that that happens with CFS. I am finding I have trouble distinguishing what is normal pain with CFS or my disease pain. I have been diagnosed with Familial Mediterranean Fever which, stomach pain is a big symptom of that. It almost comes in attack form, that is hurts for a day or so then it will be gone. Comes quickly and goes quickly. Are you regular on your periods? Could be bladder you know. What types of meds any antibiotics?
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Mine is caused by the MPS that I have and IBS.
    Are you taking antibotics? Are you drinking lots of water with them, I ask because I get pains like that from some of them. Cipro is a real Gut killer as far as causing pain.

If the pain persist's please call a Dr. I know it's a bummer to have to call them all the time, but when it's a New type of Pain I get it checked out, then I keep a journal of what was going on in my life during the time of the New Pain. SOme times it's Stress that set's it of too.

Hope you feel better today, and please keep us posted.
    If it feels better to lay down then you should, sitting causes me More Pain. Also I lay on my right side with a pillow srunched up next to my tummy and I bend the left knee just a little, till I find some release.
    I'll lay like that for an hour or so, and usually this gives me relief. Also it's a good position for passing Gas, lay that way and just let'er Rip. lol Helps tho.

What kinds of food are you eating? Lot's of sick people type food, like soup, oatmeal, lots of juice, this too can cause me Pain like you described.
    See there are soooooooo many cause's, that it dosen't hurt tp get things checked, just to be safe.

I also take some meds for other conditions that can help with the muscle spasams in my Gut, Soma and a Vistril helps me a lot.

Sincerely,
    kredca4

[ advertisement ]