Abdominal Swelling - Have you ever had?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by serenityskyline, Jan 14, 2013.

1. serenityskyline

serenityskyline New Member

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. I do have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. I have an odd case of really bad abdominal swelling with nausea. No throwing up or anything. All of my blood work has came back clean. Going for a CT on Weds. morning, then doctor wants to check my liver again. It is really more extremely uncomfortable more than pain. Just wondering if any of you have experienced this?

I hope you alll have a God fulfilled and blessed day!!!

God Bless you all!!!

Lisa
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

I hope the CT scan provides some answers. Your doctor should know that abdominal swelling can be a sign of ovarian cancer, and that is something he should check out. They can do an ultrasound I believe and also a CA-125 blood test. I learned this because of my niece, who had the swelling but it took her doctor some 11 months to figure out she had cancer - all doctors should know this -

Let us know how the scan comes out -

Best wishes,

Mary
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

You're doing the right thing by getting a CT scan.

Keep us posted.

Soft, soft hugs,
    Sharon
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Yes, I have had abdominal swelling quite a number of times. For me the CT Scans showed it was lymph node swelling. The swelling are benign which I was happy to find out. Mine are due to ME/CFS which brings on episodes of inflammation seemingly out of the blue. When this happens I am put on steroids to bring the swelling down.
  5. Peach mom

Peach mom Member

MicheleK - hopefully you are still on this board. I came across this thread today and wanted to find out who determined your swelling was abdominal lymph nodes? I was referred to a gastro and saw her today. I thought she woukd order a CT scan after I described my swelling but she basically stated it was myofascial pain and dismissed the possibility of the abdominal lymph nodes. I was upset after leaving because she indicated the swollen areas on each side were muscles and this was muscle pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated from you or anyone else who has dealt with this.